1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why are some wanting safety?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RamziD, Apr 28, 2012.

1. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,915 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    This safety class kind of blows after Mark Barron. With our very stout group of corners, I think we will be more than fine with Sensabaugh and Pool for 1 year. More pressing needs: TE, WR, OC, OLB, ILB.
  2. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've been thinking about this too. I don't think we draft one this year. There are some decent guys out there but next year's crop seems to be much better.
  3. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,353 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    Yeah. I want a safety but it's much smarter to just draft one next year. I could very well see us taking a safety in the first round next year and our secondary overhaul will be solid for the entirety of Carr's contract.
  4. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    If the BPA is a safety we take one.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Cause the safeties in Dallas suck and we can at least hope that guy develops if he's drafted.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    I really want to like Markelle Martin, but when I put on his game highlights, I just don't see anything special. I love his intangibles, but as a player, he's underwhelming.
  7. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    yeah, not impressed with too many safties. Brodney Pool will be fine for this year coming up.
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    Yeah, I don't really see a safety worth drafting at this point unless we get a late developmental guy that has some athletic upside. No one we take now would help this year.
  9. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well we are desperate for a playmaker at safety, thats the reason for the interest in one.

If there is a safety on the board who is the BPA, draft him and let him develop. Pool is only another one year band-aid anyway, the prospect could be a starter next year.

There are alot of starting safeties drafted from 4-7 that are good starters in the NFL, better than what we have now.

If the scouts think one rates high enough to draft, pick him up and don't look back cause I care more about what the scouts have to say about a prospect than the media saying there aren't any safeties this year.
  10. This is Our Year

This is Our Year Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike

1,396 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Agree, with the poster, after Barron no need to take a safety. Weak class, and Sensi and Pool are gonna start anyway. Plus we still have Church. Much rather address other needs at this point than to just take one for the sake of taking one.
  11. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,507 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    I said before the draft Barron is the only safety I want in this draft.
  12. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    When people say its a bad draft at safety, they don't mean there are not draft able players just not alot of 1-3 rd picks which are usually walk in starters at safety.
  13. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    I do like Aaron Henry later
  14. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    There is very little doubt in my mind that safety will be a big, glaring need next offseason. Oh well. Every team has multiple weaknesses, even Superbowl winners and we've got a bunch of quality corners that will help make up for it.
  15. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    We may have to use the band-aid stategy on Safety this year.
  16. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,565 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Next year - first round - T.J. McDonald, S, USC. Son of Tim McDonald, multiple All-Pro, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl winning Strong Safety for the Cards and 49ers.
  17. a_minimalist

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Stop it! You're turning me on!
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,565 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Oh by the way, he led the team in tackles this past year.
  19. a_minimalist

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I said stop it! Stop means stop!

Snagging a guy like him would make up for not getting Barron.
  20. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Would be nice and better to draft someone in this draft who can develop into a starter next year and use next year's pick on a pass rusher though.