1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why are the skins suddenly World-Beaters?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by thechosen1n2, Nov 22, 2012.

1. thechosen1n2

thechosen1n2 Active Member

1,611 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    by every media outlet since they are playing us. I swear its darn near comical the praise they are getting. Is RGIII and up and coming good player? My response to that question is YES, ANNNNNNND?

I keep hearing that we shoot ourselves in the foot, that we cant score, that we cant manage clock, we have no running game, and their coach is better, etc. Are some of those things true. Maybe. But I WISH I COULD ASK THESE IDIOTS JUST 1 QUESTION. JUST 1

Why on earth is their record worse than ours? (well maybe more than 1, I have some follow up questions too) If we are as bad as you say we are, what on earth are they not good at? It has to be something considering they are below us in the standings. Was RGIII not on the field when the skins lost more games to this point than Tony and the boys have. They keep talking about you cant blitz him because of his qb rating when you do so, and you cant let him stand in the pocket. Was his qb rating not good when they lost those other games he played.? Has our D not been pretty solid. Have they not lost to teams that we beat.

Im not saying we cant lose. Its possible anything can happen on any gameday, but GOOD LORD some people act like its inevitable.
  2. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    They aren't!!! They just got beat at home convincingly by a terrible Carolina team then they beat a AWFUL Philly team who has QUIT and everybody is jumpin on their jocks. Amazing!!! Their D is absolutely horrible and it'll show today.
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,709 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    It's because he's coming off a really good game. You know the drill -- "what have you done for me lately?" He's averaging something like 180 yards per game passing over the past 5-6 games. He's not a world beater. If we don't beat ourselves, we come away with a double digit win. But when was the last time we had a clean, don't shoot our own foot type of game?
  4. Neverhood

Neverhood Active Member

187 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Last year vs the bills and Seahawks are the two that come to mind lol
  5. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    RG3 is good but goodness...!!! he is not great, yes he has shown flashes of brilliance but he is a QB bring pressure from the inside he'll crumble like carolina did

anybody who thinks the redskins are world beaters is insane, their pass defense makes our 2011 squad look like all stars....

without griffin that team would be 0-10 heading into this matchup
  6. thechosen1n2

thechosen1n2 Active Member

1,611 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Hopefully it starts today.
  7. panchucko

panchucko I'm too excited to sleep.. Zone Supporter

1,927 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Find a way to contain him from runnning wild and take his short dump off passes away, and you will see the real world beaters
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,521 Messages
    2,067 Likes Received
    That's just media hype. Of course they aren't world beaters... Just we don't make them look like they are. :(
  9. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Redskins? Who are they?

I hear the Washington RG3s are beasting though.
  10. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,740 Messages
    1,085 Likes Received
    They are all the sudden world beaters because they are playing us. We looked pathetic against that same Eagles team they played most of the game and we looked horrible against a 2-7 team this past Sunday. Our offense has looked as bad as their defense. Common sense tells you with virtually no pressure that RG3 is going to do whatever he wants against our defense.

Can we do whatever we want against their defense? I would say probably not.
  11. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    It's not about records, it's about how well you're playing presently. And RG3 had a very good game last week. He is incredibly mobile and has a long range arm. And the fact that we both played the Eagles recently invites comparisons...and they beat the Eagles more convincingly than we did.

And they're not saying they're world beaters, they're saying they're potentially Cowboys beaters. And why wouldn't they, we haven't exactly lit the world on fire recently.

With that said, I'm looking for the most complete game out of the Cowboys since opening day. I say we smash the Skins, 38 to 17.
  12. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,892 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    I just hope we don't see our pass rushers running right past RGIII to the outside leaving the middle wide open for him to run.
  13. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,853 Messages
    504 Likes Received

They just are....get over it.

The sooner we buy into, the less we care
  14. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

We both will have the same record around 8pm
  15. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cool story bro!
  16. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

It's a true story bro
  17. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Darwin was wrong, bro.
  18. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

Just make sure i can find you around 9pm tonight bro
  19. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So we can recap your insightful prophecy? I'll pass.

Believe it or not, I have better things to do...like trimming my toenails.
  20. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen bro. Both teams are 5-6