1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why Biden?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Ben_n_austin, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'm scratching my head on this one. Why would Obama choose Biden and not someone more in line with the social liberal platform, like Richardson. I'm really disappointed in Obama choosing Biden and I don't trust him enough with Obama's candidacy on the line against McCain not to blow it, leaving us with four more years of military endeavors and bad international relations due to isolationist U.S. policy.

Biden was against the war in Iraq. But there will be pressure to stay there and I'm not sure he's not a rat for the Republicans--and the evil big oil posse in Washington.

I just get a bad feeling about this guy and haven't ever recalled liking him. Even his anti-Iraq war comments rub me the wrong way. He offends me, but I need a reason not to be offended.

Can someone tell me something good about Biden other than his foreign policy background? Or tell me something bad about his foreign policy background, if you think that's the case.

Or you can feel free to bash Biden and I'll join in with you. I hate this pick.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,435 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    Well you could look up what de railed his presidential campaign one time/plagiarism.
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,786 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    To me... Biden is a liability...

He is quick-tempered and irrational when backed in to a corner. He is a known liar and very condescending...

When you are running against the Washington establishment, picking a guy entrenched in that very thing doesn't make sense...

I don't get the pick, but then again... I don't get the fascination with Obama...

If the Dems had talked Bayh into running for the top spot they could be planning an administration already...

The Republicans will focus on two main things:
    Getting Obama off the prompter and backing Biden into a corner. Both are ugly events...
  4. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I already knew what burm said. And I thought the same thing about his demeanor. I don't think he's a strong debater. Passionate? Maybe. But he's not a strong candidate and has many points of attack.

He should have picked a guy who can stand on principle like Richardson or Gravel... or someone totally outside of Washington.

I agree. Biden = liability
  5. yeahyeah

yeahyeah New Member

502 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Biden is a Washington insider with international experience(Chairman Foreign Relations Committee). The Obama ticket get knocked for its lack of "real" experience.
    Now with the addition of Biden it kinda shuts that up. Biden is someone who will disagree and spar with Obama on issues..this is something that Obama had intimated he wanted in a running mate.
    Yes he can snap at times, but to be honest, its pretty funny when he does. The dude keeps it real...I totally dig this choice.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tyxi0T37JmY
  6. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Oh, I like that bit. :) Poor Gravel, "like a potted plant".
  7. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  8. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  9. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  10. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    New Mexico's state government is a colossal mess. Of course, it was that way before Richardson took over, but it's even worse now.

Plus, he has skeletons in his closet. If/when Obama's people probed into his activities, I'm sure they quickly wrote him off.
  11. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,309 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    How close to sounding like "Osama Bin Laden" can this ticket get? Obama-Biden?
  12. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,786 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    and Biden will add plenty of over the top moments to the campaign...

Obama-Biden Drama...
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,168 Messages
    2,301 Likes Received
    Well it does not appear that adding Biden gave Obama any bounce in the polls. Normally after a candidate announces his running mate you will see a spike in the poll number and yet this is still a dead heat. I'm also sure that McCain will use Bidens own words against him when Biden has said many times that Obama is too inexperienced to hold the office of President. This is not a difference in political view point that you would expect between 2 people running against one another but the outright questioning of Obama ability to be commander and chief.
  14. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He has a much higher IQ than you do.

;)

http://minx.cc/?post=271413
  15. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  16. canters

canters Active Member

1,786 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    The conservative wing of the GOP wanted Biden,,,begged for him in fact. They were scared to death of Hillary...so says Limbaugh and Hannity.

If BO skipped Hillary because he is intimidated by her (this will be said by the GOP sooner of later ), he made a mistake.

BO and Biden is beatable...BO and Clinton is a sure winner.
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,435 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    As has been pointed out Obama is no dummy. A one way trip to the marble orchard was in his immediate future if he picked Hilary.
  18. canters

canters Active Member

1,786 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    BO was in a no-win scenario here, so to speak. It has been reported that he did not like, or did not want, the Clintons back in the WH. But, with her as VP, he would likely win, some folks say.

Without her, he has to work harder to get female voters, and thusly is no slam dunk winner in Nov. And, there will be a bunch of people who say the Clintons will work to defeat BO in private, but support him in public, so she can run again in '12.
  19. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,612 Messages
    3,953 Likes Received
    Yes rush was so scared of Hillary that he convinced his dittohead to go out and vote for her in the primaries so she would win and the Repubs would beat her in the general election....yes...they are scared of her.

NOT

They are just spinning away as usual to make whatever choice look bad for the dems and good for the repubs.

If Obama would have picked her they would be hooting and hollering in joy because they could energize the repub base to vote against that team like no other team.

If Obama would have picked someone younger with little to no foreign policy exp they would be hooting and hollering saying stuff like...neither has any exp in the world and we don't need that at this time.

Now that they did get someone with legit foreign exp they will say that they were afraid of hillary and Obama picked someone older who has been in washington a long time.

No matter who the pick was, they were/are going to spin it as bad for the dems and good for the repubs.

Same will be done by the dems when McCain picks his running mate.

It's called politics.
  20. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wrong. He voted to authorize the war in Iraq. Back to your incoherent rambling.