1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Why doesn't Jerry try to get another Superbowl

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bungarian, Feb 2, 2014.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,183 Messages
    9,700 Likes Received
    Super mess: Fans complain of mass transit chaos
    The Denver Broncos could have done a better job running NJ Transit trains, some say
    [IMG]
    By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News | Yahoo News – 2 hrs 18 mins ago
    Super Bowl organizers spent four years planning for Sunday's big game, bracing for bad weather that never came and security threats that — save for one 9/11 truther with a bogus badge — never materialized.

But for thousands of fans attending the Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., getting there — and getting home — was a super mess.

According to the Newark Star-Ledger, officials expected between 10,000 and 12,000 people to take the train to the game. Instead, nearly 28,000 did, NJ Transit said.

After the game ended, an announcement over the loudspeakers instructed fans to delay leaving MetLife Stadium due to overcrowding on train platforms.

"Mass chaos," NJ.com declared, asking readers to share reports of their nightmare commutes.

Read the rest: http://news.yahoo.com/super-bowl-nj-transit-chaos-152652709.html
  2. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member

3,508 Messages
    609 Likes Received
    Please no, I don't want my gm out spending time trying to court a sb when other gms are trying to better their teams.
  3. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

16,385 Messages
    3,558 Likes Received
    Good point...............the area around the stadium is defiantly going to have to be improved in order to attract another SB.
  4. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

7,534 Messages
    2,535 Likes Received
    I had a friend who went to the SB in Arlington. He said it was a total mess. Some weather related & some not.

It will be a long long time I think before they even consider coming back.
  5. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Why don't Jerry try to get the team in another super bowl
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,557 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    Figures cold weather would ruin it in Texas but not in NY.