1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why don't our fans ever give credit to other players?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by forever22, Jan 1, 2013.

1. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why is it, with our fans, that nobody gives credit to the other team for making a play? The only INT I blame Tony for was the second one. Yes, I know he couldn't step into it because of the line push but...First one was on that dimwit Ogletree, the third was good D. The last INT, they blitzed a defenseman that got in his face and the LB made a good play. I know that he doesn't always make a great decision when pressured but Tony didn't let up over 200 yds rushing and three TD's either. All he did was lead the team through the past few games, with almost perfect play - every game was do or die, not just the last game. Every one of those the Cowboys knew they were out if they lost just one of them. it was just luck that the Giants crapped the bed at the end of the season. Yes, those defending SB Champions. The Cowboys did a better job against the Falcons than the Giants did and the Giants were playing with a SB caliber team. Fans are actually giving credit to the Giants for beating a 4 win crappy team? That's considered clutch?

Fans will yell at Jones for not getting the right players, then they blame the OL (agree), then the play calling (agree) and Red and Ryan and that Ogletree shouldn't be in ( I also agree), players that need to be instructed where to line up before the snap, we had injuries galore and yet SOMEHOW through all of this, our QB is expected to bail the whole team out every game. Does he make mistakes, of course, but give the guy a break, he's not a magician.

We seriously have stupid fans
  2. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,357 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    It is a human behavioral axiom to overvalue what we have and undervalue what others have.
  3. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

9,756 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    It's obvious why most FANS are biased homers.
  4. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fans can still have common sense and see that there are good players in the NFL, not just your own team. You can't possibly be so blind as to find fault in every aspect of a team and then call out one or two players for a loss. Sorry, it just amazes me
  5. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,084 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    The injury-filled defense held one of the top offenses to 21 points, put them in position to come back, AND gave them a chance to win the game. The 200 yards running aside, if you had given me that scenario before the game, I'd have taken it 10/10 times. Unfortunately, our supposedly "elite" and healthy offense choked vs. one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

As for Romo, it's too EASY to confuse him. Remember the EJ Henderson interception in the 2009 playoff game? The game just moves too fast for him, mentally and he gets frantic
  6. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,483 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Did you also notice we gleefully loved it when Carr called his OT Pik on Big Ben on the sidelines ...............and then pulled it off to Ice the game.

Reports have Haslett playing the same pre game defensive call on Garrett Offense tendency under pressure..........

........but blame it 100% on Romo.........Couldnt we presume Garrett has coached Romo that this is his final bailout/checkdown with the OLB just has to be run out of the play on the scheme via the TE or drop into coverage etc.

We love it when we do it, but just cant beleive another team can drop the book on our system and virtually predict a QB behavior based on pressure and season long coaching..........it was worth the risk by Haslett, same as Carr.
  7. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not hard to understand him being frantic if every play you fully expect to be crushed. It took a 3 man pass rush to give him what virtually every QB gets yo enjoy most games. Put a pocket QB in there and he'd almost never see a first down. It really is amazing that anyone has to go through that, every game.
  8. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,669 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    It works both ways. Some Zoners give credit to every player except those with stars on their helmets.
  9. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received

This is true as well
  10. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,878 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    How do you put that aside?

RG3 wasn't asked to win that game for the skins. Morris was.
    And he did.
  11. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

1,582 Messages
    198 Likes Received

What a deep post. Attacking the fanbase. Original.
  12. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received

deep post
  13. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    The skins didnt win it and the Cowboys didnt lose it.

It was strictly Romo losing it all by himself. LOL
  14. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    LOL...the 250 yard and 3 rushing TD dominance aside. LOL

That was classic.

Romo didnt look too frantic against the Saints throwing for 400 yards and 4 TD's. Or the 400 yard 3 TD game the week before and the one before that.

But wait, those werent big games and those dont count. Bwaaaaa!!!!!
  15. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

231 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The truth is the Cowboys post Thanksgiving matchups were playing against pass oriented offences that play to the strength of the Cowboys D (secondary) which is why they were able to get some late season wins. As soon as they faced a good running team the the injuries at the linebacker position really showed.

Your not going to win many games giving up close to 300 yards on the ground. I don't care what QB you have back there. Yeah Romo blew it at the end but so did the run defence.
  16. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There are so many holes and mistakes, yet one person gets the blame? I just don't get it. I don't care who that person is
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,514 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    I thought it was the opposite? Grass is always greener, and all that.

Can we get this troll outta here?
  18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

9,756 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    That's not true that's just a typical FAN reaction to those of us who are non-biased objective fans. We have fans here who give credit where credit is due to our players and opposing players. Sure we're critical towards are own players when it's warranted and the past few seasons it has been but it's usually constructive criticism by most of us.

We're critical of other players and teams but FANS like you try and spin that all we do is hate on our own team. It's simply not true. There's a lot of very passionate, frustrated fans here and sometimes their frustration gets the better of them and their comments are misconstrued. Anyone who's contributed thousands of posts to this board loves the Cowboys or they wouldn't spend the time.
  19. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

231 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    So I guess being on here for over four years is being a troll? I speak my mind on how the game went IMO. The game was aired in San Francisco as it was in Dallas. If you see me ripping on other members and making blind attacks on your team then by all means I'm a troll and would warrant banishment.

My posts is not trolling bub.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,514 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    Being a long lived troll only makes you a clever troll.

No one needs your expertise on what's wrong with the team, how on earth could you possibly know what the strength or weakness of someone elses team is enough to declare it "The Truth"?

Or are you a 49er fan and a Cowboy fan?