1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why have we not signed Richard Incognito?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by OhSnap, Apr 11, 2014.

1. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    As desperate as this team has been to put together a decent O-line the last 3 years it makes no sense that this guy isn't a Dallas Cowboy yet.
    You know your getting a dedicated football player that isn't just looking for a check and one that has something to prove.
    Are the Cowboys so good that they don't need to sign a starting NFL lineman even if for no other reason than depth?
    How after Pac man Jones can we sit back and pass on a guy who's only knock is that he might be TOO MEAN on the field and in the locker room?

Incognito supports Operation Homefront, an organization that provides assistance to families of service members and wounded soldiers; during the 2012 season, he hosted a private screening and book reading of the animated film Rise of the Guardians for Operation Homefront, where he led a book reading to over 100 children before the screening of the film.

In the 2012 off-season, Incognito was one of sixty-six players who took part in the NFL Business Management and Entrepreneurial Program held at Harvard Business School and the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He said about it that it was "a good experience just learning from those guys because they bring a ton of experience to the table" and "just a good all-around experience and it really opened up my eyes to a lot of opportunities outside of the game of football and gave me confidence moving forward with my business."

It's crazy that this guy is not a Cowboy when we were so desperate that we had Alex Barron not that long ago and were "hoping" Leary might be able to learn the position when he was signed in 2012 and needed surgery already in 2013 before the season started.
  2. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Is he stable? Seriously, I'll pass and draft a G. We aren't that bad on OL, if he was a DL, I might take a shot.
    Cowboy06, dstovall5 and brymatt94 like this.
  3. UDcowboysfan

UDcowboysfan Member

644 Messages
    19 Likes Received
  4. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,220 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Our oline was good last year for the first time since 2007. Just draft a guard but were stable at oline
    casmith07, Venger, dstovall5 and 2 others like this.
  5. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    For the record, I thought about Richie a while back also, until he took a baseball bat to his sports caro_O
    EST_1986, dstovall5, BAZ and 2 others like this.
  6. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,222 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Because the lockers at JerryWorld aren't big enough to hold his straitjacket.

That guy is a mental case.
  7. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,417 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Not a RKG for Garrett.
    Floaty likes this.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,933 Messages
    2,125 Likes Received
    Yep, and then checked himself into the nut house.

[IMG] [IMG]
  9. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,435 Messages
    1,939 Likes Received
    Needless to say, I am very concerned. On the one hand, Incognito would help solidify the offensive line even more. He's not a great guard but he's solid. On the other hand, we have a medical and training staff that cannot figure out how to treat and train against players getting so many hamstrings.

We sign the guy, then wait for Jones to inevitably say, "We had the proper guys monitoring Richie but his troubles <SMACK!> were too much for us."

I just don't know...
  10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,979 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    He isn't that good. If he were then some team would have signed him despite his issues. He is an average player with above average problems. No team will rush to sign that type of player. Even if a team, including Dallas does want him, they can wait until training camp is closer or at least until after the draft plays out before bringing him into the fold.
  11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,904 Messages
    2,375 Likes Received
    On the bright side, I can hear Jerry say

"Richie may not make us a better football team and may have more red flags than the red square but he is a TMZ magnet and makes us more relevant"
  12. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

914 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Got to catch up on "Hardknocks" W/ the 2008 Cowboys during Dallas Week on the NFL Network. And the one thing I noticed was all the knuckleheads that team had....And since Garrett has become head coach we don't have nearly the same amount of "cancer" players.

So glad to see the immature players like Owens, Martellus Bennett, Pacman, Tank Johnson, Barber, Crayton...all gone.

Garrett may not be able to coach....but @ least he has cleaned up the culture to some extent.

We don't need to regress back to that type of player....or controversy
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,652 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    I found one of his t-shirts:

[IMG]
    Kaiser, Fredd and jobberone like this.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,339 Messages
    4,665 Likes Received
  15. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Active Member

251 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Is there any advantage to bringing this guy in other than the fact that hes the biggest name left? People don't realize that he isn't a pro bowl caliber player. Hes an average guard who played for a bad o-line. Yes he has experience as a starter, but so did Nate Livings. You can find similar talent without the baggage pretty easily.
    JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  16. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

1,069 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    Because we already are the highest rated show on tv
  17. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,732 Messages
    1,247 Likes Received
    You know what they say: Can't rest on your laurels. ;)
    65fastback2plus2 likes this.
  18. Sydla

Sydla Active Member

472 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I don't know? Maybe because he's a massive ****** who clearly has a screw loose upstairs?
    brymatt94, jobberone and links18 like this.
  19. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,393 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    Just like with Josh Brent, the potential trouble and bad publicity outweighs the on field productivity. Just take T.O. for example, when he was a 85 rcpt. 1500 yards and 13 td producing wr, teams were more apt to overlook his off field issues. When his productivity fell off the number of teams that were interested in him did to.
  20. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,592 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    Don't we have enough head cases ?
    Cowboy06 and BoysFan4ever like this.