1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why I Am Looking Forward To Next Season

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Yakuza Rich, Dec 31, 2012.

1. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,881 Messages
    1,892 Likes Received
    Yea you're right. I just see the same FAIL every year from this guy.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,630 Messages
    6,397 Likes Received
    Of course every coach is going to say it. Not every coach is going to parrot it, though, at every opportunity.

I'm not saying Jason Garrett is going to end up like John Wooden, just because he's saying things that come from a John Wooden book. I'm saying it's clear what JG believes in, and, because of that, you can see why he handles situations and press conferences and how he's approaching building this team the way he does.

He might not end up able to accomplish winning at that level, because he might just not end up being a very good coach in the long run. But the guy really does believe the stuff he's saying. I can't understand hating the guy for what he believes in, and I don't see any good reason to believe he's not being genuine with what he says when he gets up to talk about how he approaches running the team.
  3. dirt

dirt Member

288 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok then what is the answer? Fire him and then what?
  4. dirt

dirt Member

288 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So Washington should have fired Shanahan after his second year?
    Sure he has more of a resume but you could argue without Elway he was mediocre
    Now with some players he is riding a hot streak into the playoffs as nfceast champ