1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why is everybody up in arms?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFaninDC, Nov 25, 2012.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,287 Messages
    1,234 Likes Received
    Looks like it's set in with some fans as well. "If you expected the team to have trouble and it did, you should be content."

Is that the level we're at now?
  2. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received

I can't recall a team with a franchise QB getting rid of 4 starters on the OL in 2 seasons. All 5 starters in 3.

Can you?
  3. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    what team is missing its 2 starting inside linebackers, starting runningback, starting l/r guards, and its 1b receiver?
  4. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,900 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    The team (and coaching staff) does not seem to have the answers for the many problems that plague them game in and game out. Losing does not seem to affect them the way that it does for the top teams. That's my point.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,287 Messages
    1,234 Likes Received
    Didn't we JUST lose Carter and Miles part way through the last game? :laugh2:
  6. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    the problem is we replaced them with Jags and expected Callahan to come in and "coach" them up.
  7. fifaguy

4,900 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    Life is tough in the NFL; that's why you have a 53 man roster. Even Jones isn't using injuries as an excuse for the product on the field so why should we?
  8. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    cause anyone with 2 cents worth of knowledge in their brains know that you can't expect dirt to fill in for cement in a rain storm.
  9. Bluestang

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    - Inconsistency on the OL, pre-snap penalties, wrong routes.

- Ryan's playcalling has gone really conservative when Chruch went down. He rarely has the corners play press coverage and blitzes about 24% of the time.

It's a tall order to play the scheme when the depth is poor and your bringing street FAs to start for your unit.
  10. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,941 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    People don't truly realize that the core of that 2007 team is long gone but for four guys and crappy drafting the next 3 years ended up depleting the talent base even further.

"Process" is not just a buzzword that the ginger likes to throw out there. It actually means something.

For God's sake, please fix that O-line, though.
  11. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    having both would have helped. Esp Miles
  12. Bluestang

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    They also never played a single snap together in training camp because several of them had injuries along the way.

The intended group only played together for one game this year.

We rolled the dice on the depth and came up short. It was the one thing we couldn't afford and the first injury occurred in the offseason and has continued from there.

Free is the only real disappointment that no one really considered would happen.
  13. fifaguy

4,900 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    so we have a crappy roster; is that another excuse? what's your point anyway? aren't you tired of the team and organization stumbling around for the past 15 years?
  14. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I stand by that statement. Who should be on this team next year? Ty Smith, Costa, Bernadeau (as a back up), and Livings (as a back up). That's the entire list.

Cook, Dockery, and Arkin are all goners. Free should be long gone. I suppose you could talk me into Parnell as a backup for another year, but ideally we would have someone better as the swing tackle.

As you yourself (excellently) pointed out in another thread, we blew the drafts from 2006-2009, which is what's crippled this team and left us with no depth at several key positions.
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,287 Messages
    1,234 Likes Received
    Carter was in there when they laced us for 28 pts in the 2nd quarter alone. He wasn't hurt till the 4th quarter.

Austin's production was easily replaced by the young guys that stepped up.

Neither of those guys are the reasons we lost. Hell, we didn't even seem to miss Tyron THAT much.

The team just got spanked, the injuries had very little to do with it. You don't give up 28 pts in one quarter because your 2nd receiver is hurt.
  16. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,391 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    This dude won't even be on the team next year, we needed to see the young wrs play to see what we have in them.
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    That is a very important point.
  18. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    My problem is that we're basically in the same position now that we were in 98-99:

Good but aging QB with diminshing skills, aging core, lack of depth throughout the roster due to bad drafting, HC possibly in over his head.

We could have faced the writing on the wall and started the rebuild then. We chose to double down with that group and the rebuild wound up taking twice as long.

I love Romo and appreciate everything that he's done, but the object is to win the Superbowl and it's just not happening with this group. Smart asset management would dictate that we move him now for mutliple pieces.

The nightmare situation is Jerry panicking and going into full on win now mode. The Cowboys can't get past 9-7, Ware and Romo both retire or become washed up and we don't have contingency plans at either position. We repeat the post Aikman years.
  19. birdwells1

3,391 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Smiths play hasn't been stellar this year either, now I'm willing to chalk it up to it being his first time playing on that side.
  20. birdwells1

3,391 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    When did Costa become a person that should be here next year? No really, I'm not trying to be funny.