1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Why is it so hard for the press to say McCain/Palin are lying?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by MilesAustinforMVP, Sep 15, 2008.

1. MilesAustinforMVP

MilesAustinforMVP Benched

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Biden was referring to a series of attack ads from the McCain campaign as well as misstatements that the Republican presidential candidate and running mate Sarah Palin have continued to repeat after they were debunked.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080915/ap_on_el_pr/biden_3

Here let me make it easy for you AP. Instead of using a 19 word euphemism you can use one word: lying. Was that so hard?
  2. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Biden's a liar.
  3. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I'm so sick of this partisan mud slinging and frankly Mr.Obama needs to get a grip since the biggest lie to date came from his mouth when he touted he was for change and now conducts a campaign that is par for the course garbage.

Both tickets are flawed, Obama's is especially distasteful.
  4. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think Obama has gone nearly as far as McCain. McCain said Obama wanted to teach sex ed to kindergartners when it was actually a course to teach kids to protect themselves from sexual predators. McCain has been far more sleazy than Obama in this campaign. Its not even close.
  5. iceberg

iceberg nothing is nothing Zone Supporter

29,329 Messages
    2,256 Likes Received
    why is it so hard for you to keep from always playing the cheerleader?
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,523 Messages
    7,168 Likes Received
    Same reason the majority attack the lib?
  7. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

15,507 Messages
    2,729 Likes Received
    Ice, can we agree that this particular article does not represent the substantive discussion of issues that you and I are seeking?;)
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,917 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Maybe the press is afraid of O'Reilly because he said anyone who goes after Palin basically without reason is someone he will go after.

All kidding aside, yeah she is full of it and stretching the truth, but hell, they all do so that just makes her normal
  9. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They all do, but not nearly as much as McCain/Palin have been doing it after they have been disproven numerous times.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,523 Messages
    7,168 Likes Received
    They all do it. Obama has done it. Just look to factcheck.org and see it.

Oddly enough I thought it was funny that factcheck.org made some statements, the McCain/Palin campaign used it WRONGLY, factcheck.org criticized them for it saying they were still wrong and yet their campaign went and sent out a letter to people saying the same thing after they have been proven wrong for using factcheck.org and manipulating them.

Gotta love politics.
    :laugh2:
  11. iceberg

iceberg nothing is nothing Zone Supporter

29,329 Messages
    2,256 Likes Received
    as if a lib never attacked first! pee-shaw. :)
  12. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,807 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    What has been disproven?
  13. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I know Obama has done it, but McCain/Palin takes lying to a whole other level. As you have just pointed out.
  14. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The MSM is covering for McCain-Palin?

[IMG]

I need to mail you a letter. What's your address in Bizarro World?
  15. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament...

29,295 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    And Obama has said that Palin cut Special Ed funds as Govenor of Alaska even though her child is Downs Syndrome...

She actually increased it...

Saying one lies and the other side "doesn't do it as much" is shillish. "Sure... he's a crook... but he's MY crook"... :rolleyes:

They both lie beyond measure...
  16. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Can you help me find the source where Obama said that Palin cut special ed? The most I've heard is Biden saying why is she against stem cell which is similarly in that vein.
  17. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament...

29,295 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Sure... let me look it up...

I've heard it all over the place but if I don't get it back to you in an hour or so, I apologize. I'm in the area where Ike hit and I just got off of 26 hours yesterday. I wish my dogs understood this... ;)

At least I am off for the next twelve and my own power is restored and I can see the game...

What's more important than watching the Cowboy game... ;)

To be honest I'm just hoping I can stay awake long enough to see the whole thing...
  18. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

5,607 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    Glad to see austin recovered from the shellacing I put his alternative energy theory through.
  19. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

28,058 Messages
    2,413 Likes Received

Actually, for me, more than the fact that he attended the racist pastors church... more than that is... we are supposed to believe he wasnt there on the days that the pastor said the racist, hateful things.

We are dumb according to Obama. That bothers me more than the fact that he attended the church.
  20. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry, my Austin friend, but the sex ed dismissal as a "sex predator prevention program" is a lie. Not saying you're the one coming up with it, but you're repeating what you've read. That was Obama talking points. The text of the bill has since surfaced - and viola! it's comprehensive sex ed for K-12. It was not a sex predator prevention program. Obama even admitted as much on TV, albeit when he was running against Allen Keyes.