1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why is Josh Chapman going under the radar here?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Jan 13, 2012.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,061 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    I think most people here have agreed that Rat would be best at DE and a true NT is needed. So why not the best college NT in the 2nd round? Most people keep saying either Poe or Ta'amu. Why? Just cause they are huge? Id rather have the more talented guy with a high motor than just a giant who is only drafted because of pure size. I personally think Chapman is going very overlooked here and should be in strong consideration if hes still available in the 2nd.
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,100 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    I'd like to see how he does at the combine, I'd considered him as well but decided to pounce on a corner in the 2nd instead. I wish he was closer to 320 than 310 though, of muscle I mean, not gut.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    I think we need a NT but he isn't anything special. He is solid and wouldn't be a bad pick. I'm not doing any mock drafts yet because I think they are pointless right now.

We still have free agentcy, and 3 months till the draft. A guy projected in the 1st right now could easily be drafted in the 3rd or 4th on draft day and a guy projected in the 3rd could eaily move into the 1st. PLus depeding on what free agent we sign changes everything.
  4. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,003 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    Guy reminds me of Casey Hampton...overlooked because people have seen him too long....not a first rounder in my opinion, but would be a nice addition in the second round.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,542 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Not my radar. Key player on national championship team IMO.
  6. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,004 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    I'm DEFINITELY on board with Chapman. He is a Casey Hampton clone. By the way, your mock is AWESOME.