1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why Jerry Jones will not fire Jason Garrett...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jday, Oct 30, 2012.

1. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    I hope you're wrong but I bet you're right. That is his way.
  2. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry's bottom line will be hit before all of that has a chance to play out. As soon as that happens, Garrett will get fired. You can't keep selling this garbage and the team isn't improving. Once the guys like Romo and Ware really decline this team is not even going to tease us like they do now. They'll be completely hopeless.
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,502 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    I don't see many viable candidates that can win with this group. Select few, sure..but they are longshots
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    Very true. I think Jerry really sees himself as the HC most of the time nowadays and that the others guys are just to manage the offense/defense/ST. I bet he sits in on the game planning meetings to give his approval prior to the walk throughs.
  5. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,084 Messages
    4,558 Likes Received
    Since you guys can see the future here's something for prognostication

[youtube]9ICruG--9Tc[/youtube]

BTW, if Jerry fired Jason now he would guarantee wasting time for Romo, Witten and Ware. New coach=new system + new coordinators
  6. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jim Harbaugh sure wasted a ton of time in San Francisco.
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,225 Messages
    1,707 Likes Received
    Yes, Garrett was, on top of everything else, a sentimental hire. The Garrett family has given years of service to the Cowboys and JG was the hero of the 1994 Thanksgiving shoot out. Its the same sentimental thinking that brought Campo back from the grave. Jerry just feels comfortable with him in the organization. The Parcells years were probably very tough for Jerry, even if he did grin and bear it for four years.
  8. jobberone

39,084 Messages
    4,558 Likes Received
    SF was a team on the way up with successful top picks all over the roster particularly the OL. Dallas was a team on the way down with a few stars, lots of holes, and a dearth of talent. That doesn't fit your agenda though does it. I would still give Harbaugh his due but comparing the two situations as equal opportunity is not valid.

You want to point fingers then point it at the right people.

The jury is still out on Jason and will be for awhile.
  9. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,724 Messages
    1,937 Likes Received
    I don't mind giving a guy time to develop if he actually starts winning something. Get us in the playoffs, the next year get us deep in the playoffs, then we'll talk Super Bowls.

But I can't justify keeping a guy when the wins just won't come.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,114 Messages
    3,138 Likes Received
    Maybe Mike Singletary did.
  11. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,502 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    You're out your damn mind
  12. jobberone

39,084 Messages
    4,558 Likes Received
    Is that the best you can do?
  13. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    IMO, Jerry is hesitant on getting rid of him because Garrett is a "Home Grown" product that Jerry hand picked because of his belief he had what it takes to get the team over the hump. It's not like Jerry hired some outside coach that he has never worked with before. When an owner/GM promotes somebody within the organization to HC and it goes sour it ends up being a bigger dent on an owner/GM ability to evaluate coaching talent moreso than hiring an outside coach with a resume of reasonable success from an outside organization. If it goes sour on the latter, then the owner/GM doesn't get as much of the blame since the the exuse can be "He had a level of success on his former team". That exuse can't be made of Garrett. JJ will have to go down with the sinking ship if he pulls the trigger on JG.
  14. jobberone

39,084 Messages
    4,558 Likes Received
    Jerry isn't even thinking about firing him because it's not time to make that evaluation. Now if you see us going backwards then that may change.
  15. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    This team has a rich history and to see 7-9 or 8-8 over the last couple seasons with another season looking to be a repeat I can't see how he wouldn't make a switch at the end of the season. This isn't the Cleveland Browns that would pop the corks on a 8-8 season.
  16. jobberone

39,084 Messages
    4,558 Likes Received
    This is what happens with a team that is 1-7 with too many aging players and a poor secondary and OL.
  17. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So we should fire the GM? :laugh2:
  18. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,496 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received

I guess Jerry likes losing................going to be doing alot of it with Red Ball as HC.
  19. jobberone

39,084 Messages
    4,558 Likes Received
    Hard to put up an effective defense to that argument although I'd say talent acquisition is vastly improved lately. It's been on the rise since Parcells changed the organization.
  20. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Houston stuck with Kubiak 6 years before he won and the fans where calling for his head after year three. Sometimes patience pays off and sometimes it fails like Wade. Just hope it works out in our favor as fans