1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why Jerry Jones will not fire Jason Garrett...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jday, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i think it slipped under Wade a tad and the 2009 being the worse.
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,365 Messages
    376 Likes Received

If this statement was even close to being true Dallas would have improved on the field.
  3. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,779 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    The problem with Jerry is that he has underestimated the head coaching position ever since his '500 coaches can win a SB in Dallas' prediction came true.

I really think he has become a good GM as far as players acquisition in the last couple of years, but he is just terrible at hiring coaches. I mean, everybody is on Tony's back right now, but other than the half season he started with Parcells, he has had two terrible head coaches in Wade and Garrett, and make no mistake, I don't know if he will be good, but right now Garrett is terrible.

Coaching is too important in the NFL, if you don't think so go ask the mess that is the Saints team without Peyton. The Cowboys deserve better.
  4. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Stiffs like Marcus Spears have managed to stay on this team 7 years and we've got dudes like Phil Costa, Mackenzy Bernadeau and Ryan Cook getting minutes. One of our starting safeties didn't even start for his college team. The talent acquisition is still not great here.
  5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Every team has players like that and if you think they do not then you are crazy. Hell Houston is running out our rejects on the field Brady james and Allan Ball.

What is you point
  6. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,134 Messages
    3,143 Likes Received
    I see improvement. The D is vastly improved. While the OL is mediocre it is better than a few years ago esp considering the injuries in the interior.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,134 Messages
    3,143 Likes Received
    While Marcus is not the dominant DE we hoped for he's not a stiff. Costa is much better than many here think. I'm disappointed with one G but when you have to make wholesale changes you aren't hitting everywhere. It takes time to rebuild an OL. The D is vastly improved.

Pull up your pants. Your agenda is showing.
  8. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,365 Messages
    376 Likes Received

The D was at the top of the NFL several years in a row before dropping off with basically the same players, now it's improved because of what, Coaching?

Not Garretts Coaching.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/a...e-fired-103012

7. I’m normally against firing coaches midseason. It really serves no purpose. Plus, you could prevent some coach from having a Tom Coughlin-like recovery. But, I could make a strong case for canning Garrett, right now.

Reid and Garrett, I’d can ‘em now. Garrett can’t manage game situations and he’s contributed to Romo’s inconsistencies. Reid is the pass-happy version of Marty Schottenheimer. Reid’s act in Philly is stale. He’s a good coach who has stayed in one spot too long. Schottenheimer did 10 years in Kansas City and bounced. Reid has been in Philly for 14 years.
    Get Reid out of Philly before he subjects rookie QB Nick Foles to the kind of beating Michael Vick has endured the past two years.
  9. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett isn't going anywhere this year...were out of the playoffs as far as i'm concerned

next season is when he's on the hotseat, if garrett brings this mess into 2013 we will go 3-13 and Jones will have to fire him