1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why not realign NFC east/south

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by mgcowboy, Jan 5, 2013.

1. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Well-Known Member

1,387 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    Dallas should move to NFC South and Panthers should go to NFC East.

NFC east is too crowded of strong teams where almost every year you get 3 strong teams in the division and only 2 (sometimes 1) gets to go through to the playoffs....They kill each other and hurt their own chances by playing each others twice a year

Even geographically it makes sense....

:cool:
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,215 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    I'm not going to look it up but I think Jerry has done interviews saying he really enjoys the rivalries the Cowboys have in the division & he would not ever support a move.
  3. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,552 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Nah. Stay in the east.
  4. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,960 Messages
    513 Likes Received
  5. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,418 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    first off, the rivalries.

Second, in the NFC East vs. NFC South games,

Dallas went 2-2 (wins vs. Carolina, vs. Tampa, losses vs. New Orleans, vs. Atlanta)

Washington went 2-2 (wins vs. Tampa, New Orleans, losses vs. Atlanta, Carolina)

New York went 3-1 (loss vs. Atlanta)

Philly went 1-3 (win vs. Tampa).

So I'm not really sure that the NFC East is better than the NFC South. It's probably just that we're all equally mediocre that it comes down to the last week.
  6. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Wouldn't that be more of the same? You'd have Dallas, Atlanta, Tampa Bay and New Orleans. The only valid reason would be geographic locations.
  7. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,569 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    Just like they should move Baltimore to the AFC East, Indianapolis to the AFC North, and Miami to the AFC South based on geography...
  8. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received

You're an idiot.
  9. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,972 Messages
    151 Likes Received

why not just rename the divisions and keep the long time rivalries that brings NFL and the fans so much joy. :bang2:

and if those strong teams as you suggest didn't get to the playoffs, are they really strong then?
  10. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,891 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    This is exactly it. When the NFL did the realignment they considered it a priority to keep the important rivalries intact. It's also why the AFC West doesn't make a lot of sense, because of those old rivalries.
  11. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

870 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Just move the franchise to California. Trash the holy dome that is Jerry's lair, and build a stadium right in between LA and SF. JUST as many Cowboy fans as niner and raider fans, and the Cali boy fans will show what real home field fandom is all about. Best part Jerry sells team, and no mo JJ, aaaaaaaaaaannnndd I wouldn't have to fly to Texas to go watch my boys. Selfish suggestion, I know, whatever. :D :cool:
  12. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    classy
  13. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,164 Messages
    738 Likes Received
    NFCE didn't deserve anyone in the playoffs this year. Hardly considered loaded with strong teams
  14. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,359 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    It would seem like Dallas on average travels more on the road in divisional road games than any team in the league. That'd be my only argument for realignment.
  15. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,478 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Got to love these young noobs. They know nothing of the strength of the NFC East and what the current division lineup means to the NFL in terms of ratings and money.
  16. CitySlicker202

CitySlicker202 Member

92 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    To say the NFCE this year wasn't top dollar strong is one thing. But to discredit the Skins by saying no team from the division deserved a playoff berth is just homerism talking. So the NFCE is only strong when the Giants, Eagles or Cowboys win the division? LoL
  17. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    I hate the Skins but they do deserve to be in the playoffs, they won 7 in a row to get in, if that is not deserving then I don't know what is.
  18. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,614 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    Exactly what he's saying and I concur.
  19. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,581 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    when they had the last big realignment this came up. We were stupid to stay in the East. We could've easily gotten into a division with St Louis, Arizona, and either San Fran or New Orleans. Now, a division like that looks like it would be fairly tough but year in and year out there would've been a lot of years it wouldn't take much to win it. Just think about San Fran all through the 80s and 90s. They played in the worst division in the NFL for two decades and although they had good teams, they were that much harder to beat with homefield advantage EVERY year in the playoffs because they beat the Rams 12x per year. Meanwhile, even in the early 90s we were beating the previous SB winners...NYG and Wash then an always tough Philthy team just to make the playoffs. Meanwhile, San Fran was thumping away on the listless Rams...again.
  20. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,614 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    Why wouldn't you wanna be in the east?

Bunch of softies this team has for fans.

Maybe they should mandate everyone sits in the men's room at Cowboy stadium too.