1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Why was ST Coach Rich Bisaccia hired?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nirvana, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,687 Messages
    5,806 Likes Received
    Garrett was familiar with him from when he was in Tampa. It is not unusual for coaches to hire people they have worked with in the past.
  2. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,900 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    he turned the chargers special teams around. there was no where to go but up for them as they were the worst in the nfl. but he did a nice job with them. they had one of the top kick return units under him
    Nirvana likes this.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

15,571 Messages
    6,962 Likes Received
    The "last one" was not fired. He is friends with the Bears Head Coach and wanted to go there.
  4. igtmfo

igtmfo Well-Known Member

1,243 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Because our old coach Joe DeCamillis was offered "Assistant Head Coach" with attendant salary increase, by the Bears. Unless I forget, he wasn't our "assistant head coach" here.

As best as I can tell, Jerry didn't fire DeCamillis, but maybe I'm wrong. Another team can always offer a promotion, in the NFL's terms, and as such, you can't keep that coach at the same salary anyway. This rule is kinda sketchy. Either you have to raise the salary of the coach a bunch or raise his job description?

That Bisaccia had accepted a college job this offseason (is this right) and Jerry pulled him out of that? ... That Bisaccia wasn't good enough to be hired by the number of brand new NFL coaching regimes but we hired him?
  5. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Active Member

378 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    So wait OP..you have already determined he is a bad hire because he has only coached a bunch of rotating wannabes during preseason ? Lets allow the guy to coach some regular season games before we write him off..I assure you from personal experience and knowledge of Rich.. He is a very good hire and will prove it