1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Will Goodell possibly Dismiss our Cap penalty for next year?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kirkjrk, Jan 23, 2013.

1. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Is it time for Jerry and Snyder to revisit Goodell about dismissing the Cap penalty? After all he dismissed the penalties for bounty gate, he reversed the penalty on Seahawks DB, he allowed Sean Paytoni to come back and probably others that i didn't mention. Why not dismiss the Cap penalty? He made Mara happy last year now make Jerry and Dan happy.
  2. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,496 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    He should, but he won't.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,100 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    At least Washington got hit much worse. Add that to them not having a #1 pick until 2015, and it was damaging.
  4. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,013 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2: Because then it would make a happy Mara unhappy again.
  5. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Huge major blow.

Eric Winston and Courtland Finnegan would be Redskins now, addressing 2 major areas of need at RT and CB.

Rumors have been floating that there are several people in the Redskins organization very confident they will get a significant part, if not all, of the 18 million that is slated to be cut from the cap this year.

We'll see as I am skeptical. But Mike Shanahan at his last PC of the season said he "still can't talk about it" and will when its all settled. Which to me means something is still up
  6. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    No he won't
  7. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,869 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    If there is anything up it is being led by the NFLPA, because Dan and Jerry both agreed to adhere to the arbitrator's ruling.

I hope the NFLPA hangs them to be truthful. "Spirit of the cap" my collusion hating .

Tacky sig pic BTW. You should know where you are and be respectful.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,959 Messages
    5,337 Likes Received
    I'm not certain that I want it reversed. It's not that big of a deal to the Cowboys but it has to be killing the Foreskins.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Does the term pigs will fly first mean anything?
  10. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,750 Messages
    571 Likes Received
    Goodell didn't impose the punishment, therefore he won't be recinding it...the other owners imposed it
  11. Pokefan1

Pokefan1 New Member

13 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,113 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received

Goodell overturning his previous ruling has about as much chance of happenning as Garrett winning coach of the year.:D
  13. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,447 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Oh look! yet another thread infected by the NoJo's. A what point if this considered trolling?
  14. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Goodell is way too stubborn. Look at the whole situation involving Bountygate.

Dallas and Wash don't have many avenues left here. The damage has already been done so severely. It's ridiculous.
  15. ragintd

ragintd Member

61 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Courts already ruled against the NFLPA. The NFL was smart, as part of the new CBA, the union signed away any claims of collusion in regards to that year. Just shows how terrible of a union boss De Smith is. Additionally by approving the penalty against the Cowboys and the Skins, they accepted both the penalty and the actions of that year. All for not letting a reduction of the cap happen to save face prior to a NFLPA vote on his leadership and contract.

Washington's only avenue now is to go through Federal Courts and Snyder is not going to blow up the NFL for that.

So I personally have no faith that any of the penalty will be reduced or removed. As YR said, both Jerry and Dan agreed to adhere to the last ruling and suffer the penalty.
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    I always thought Collusion was illegal no matter what

I guess not
  17. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,382 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    This!! Both have a 0% chance of happening!!!
  18. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,499 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Obviously some hirer ups think everyone else is just stupid.

Jerry and Daniel could have fought this, looks like some kind of under the table deal was made.
  19. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,089 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    ..then he needs to vacate the Redskins and Cowboys issues, too.

For the good of the league, they need both teams back in the hunt for ratings on TV if not for dramatic games fans want to see.

Crippling both teams for trying to do what they did in an unstable and whollly deplorable situation duo to unsettled labor contracts is wrong.

Fans of both teams should start an email campaign to the NFL office voicing their unhappiness with the NFL's decisions. Worked for the New Orleans Saints, didn't it..?

:bow: RedBaLL ExPreSS:bow:
  20. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,113 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received
    First, it was a freaking joke.

Second, with almost 11,000 posts I hardly think I am a troll on this board.

Third, I am not aware of any rules governing avatar selection as long as said avatar is not obscene or vulgar since this is a family site.

Fourth, I am not aware of any other rules that limit the number of threads a member can post in.

Fifth, if you think I am in violation of any rules, feel free to report it.