1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Will Obama release the transcripts and notes from his secret meetings with CEO's

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by JBond, Jan 28, 2009.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    just wondering....:D
  2. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,737 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Troll post.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,293 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    Nothing new there.
  4. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I was curious if the Cheney bashers would demand the same accountability from Obama.

I guess not.
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    If he won't release his college transcripts why would he release these? :laugh2:
  6. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With Cheney they didn't want to even release the names of the people he met with. It was also a task force that met on numerous occasions over a period of time and created policies on energy.

Obama is meeting with CEOs to win their support for his stimulus package. Who he was meeting with has been well documented. He talked to the press afterwards about what was discussed.

Now, if Obama had a meeting with unnamed business people who's task it was to create this stimulus bill, then he would be doing a similar thing as Cheney.
  7. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    This was intended as a joke (except to the tin foil hat club).

Since you are taking it so seriously I have a question. What is in it for these CEO's? Is this another corporate welfare act like TARP? What is the payout for these CEO's?

Obama has already told everyone he does not care about divergent views. He told everyone he won the election and is going to do what ever he wants when he meet with congressional leaders yesterday. So why bother meeting these CEO's?

If he wants to explain what the heck he is doing, why only tell the CEO's? Why not tell all of us? He need to release these records immediately.
  8. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One word: Change (I know you love that word so much). Bush's philosophy was "I have political capital and I intend to spend it". Obama is at least trying to make all sides feel informed and able to voice their opinions. Obama does intend to get this stimulus passed, but he has openly asked for input from conservatives on the bill (and been heavily criticized for doing so in this forum).

What's in it for the CEO's is that it's their companies that are receiving bailout money, and they are going to be the ones who decide exactly how to spend it. This is also an attempt to have more accountability (whether this succeeds is still to be seen). By meeting with CEOs he can discuss what his goals are and what kind of accountability will be in place.

He hasn't only talked to CEOs. He's done plenty of talking to all Americans about the bill, through press conferences and his radio/youtube address.. It doesn't mean he can't also meet with individual groups and have more specific discussions.
  9. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    The more specific discussions are what I'm interested in. What is the payoff for their cooperation?

If the CEO's are unable to run their companies without handouts paid for by the taxpayers maybe they shouldn't be CEO's.
  10. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Here are the transcripts:

Obama:Hey guys I need help,I promised all this things and,uh a bunch of idiots bought into it and now I'm here...
    CEOs:I see,I just read your stimulus package,but I have a question,didn't you say there were not gonna be earmarks and pork on it?...this thing is a pretty big eared pig Mr President...30% pork.
    Obama:I know..it was just words,just speeches...
    CEOs:Let the free market settle itself,just like Reagan did in '87...
    Obama:Uh,That's not the Reagan I know...
    CEOs:You said on January 8th that only the government could with swift action get the economy out of the deep recession...
    Obama: Uh...And today I will sound like Reagan,I will say that only the hard working american people can get us out of this rut.
    CEO's:That's a serious flip flop...
    Obama:ENOUGH!
    CEOs:So how can we help you?
    Obama:(pointing at his elbow)Is this my elbow or my ***?
    CEOs:Alright Mr. President...our time is valuable...*walking out and whispering to each other*"we are sooo screwed..."
  11. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,848 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    Yeah, right after he finds his real birth certificate.
  12. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The media swept that piece of info and never cared to research where this Obama clown was really born(they must protect their fabrication,after all the media is the great prostitute).
    And then the great unifier will create a government bank to buy toxic assets(and enslave those who have them)implant chips on them(mark of the beast)and dictate who can buy or sell anything.
    I'm not making this up.
    The book of Revelations has all this.
    Flame on.
  13. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Read the Bible.
  14. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If you really think that is a stimulus package you are living in La-La land.
    Obama does not need a SINGLE republican vote to get it to pass.
    Obama needs republican votes to cover himself WHEN THIS RIDICULOUS SPENDING BILL FAILS.
  15. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He'll release a letter to Amedinajad saying that we love them and hope to work together before this happens.