1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Will Rob Parker be fired for his controversial comments about RG3???

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Dec 14, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
  2. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rob Parker should be ashamed of himself. I own a small business, and I am black. However, I don't want to be identified as such (a black owned business). "Racing" someone that way is a suggestion that he/she is limited primarily because of his/her race.
  3. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Member

903 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    This is yet another dumb comment spoken by Rob Parker. How this continues to get a job in this business is beyond me.
  4. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Agreed, I'm successful as well and often get told that I am not black or black enough. :) Ignorance.

I like Griffin as a person, but hope he fails as a Redskin. :)
  5. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,822 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    This is also the second time...actress earlier before election...where a black individual was called out for maybe being Republican. I'm not black so I don't know if that is a true stigma but in these individuals tax bracket I'd say maybe they are making choices about their money too. Smart if you ask me...as in weighing what is best for each individual.

The guy should be fired
  6. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,539 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    It's ignorant comments like these that perpetuate racism. It's asking to be looked at and treated differently.
  7. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Hy does anyone watch espn?

The entire network is a joke.

They have one real journalist left in the entire network and that's mortensen and he is just a tv guy now anyway.

They offer nothing.
  8. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,401 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    Yup. Rob Parker could be categorized as a racist himself. What an ignorant human being.
  9. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,652 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    C'mon guys... RGIII needs to get down with the cause... whatever that means...
  10. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I couldn't stand Rob Parker before this and now I hate him even more
  11. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,136 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    Wow. Just wow.

I guess in Rob Parker's mind all Black people should behave in the exact same stereotypical 'black' way.

It's sad because he's definitely not the only person who thinks like this, but Parker's comments show just out of touch he is.

RGIII acts like a what he is... a young NFL player out of Baylor.
  12. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,173 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    I guess I'm showing that I don't watch much ESPN or go to sites where his writings are published (is he a journalist?), but I have never heard of Rob Parker until now.

If his goal was a Skip Bayless/Stephen A. Smith style career, he has made a good first step.
  13. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

He comes from the Detroit media as a sportswriter
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
  15. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,778 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    The actress is Stacey Dash and she was a supporter of Romney and got highly criticized by black people on Twitter because of it. I don't know why some people think that all black people should act the same?
  16. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

671 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    If Michael Jordan is simply known as the greatest basketball player ever,
    and Tiger Woods as one of the all time golfing greats,
    what's wrong with RG3 wanting to be known as an elite (if not an all-time great) QB - PERIOD?

Yeah - that was a Captain Obvious comment. :eek::
  17. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

666 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    "Lovin white dudes who call me white and then try to hate, when I wasn't white enough to use your pool when I was 8" Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino

RG III is who he is a good god fearing, country loving, son of a U.S. Army Vet.....His outlook on life was a lot broader then most, so yeah he gonna be different and I am glad for him....atleast he doesn't use it as an excuse to be a donkey hind parts like Kobe Bryant does.
  18. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

666 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I think that means he wants him with bling bling, a big posse, tons of female groupies, blowing money constantly at the strip clubs or as it was referred to "making it rain" and buying lots of expensive cars he really cant afford...
  19. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,084 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Nope. ESPN probably even encouraged it...they must be loving it, I'm sure the suits were out there after the show like "Good show Rob! That's what we want to see!"

ESPN is unstoppable and so is First Take
  20. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,778 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch
    Rob Parker has been suspended by ESPN "until further notice." ESPN says "we are conducting a full review."