1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Will Rob Parker be fired for his controversial comments about RG3???

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,124 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    Exactly. ESPN is a joke.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    BSPN is a steaming pile of horse dung
  3. The Natural

The Natural Benched

4,720 Messages
    1,488 Likes Received
    So its obvious to you that Black NFL players look to Roger Goodell to be a father figure because they dont have fathers at home, as Coward has stated? Do me a favor and go back to stormfront where you belong. Rob Parker is a cornball in every sense of the word, let us deal with this clown. We dont need any faux outrage from you or anyone else. Ya bee-otch. oops that was just a mispronounced word. My bad :rolleyes:
  4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,208 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    What was the context? I doubt very seriously they offered that as their opinion. They must have been quoting someone else.

But I agree ESPN shouldn't fire Parker. The ESPN higher ups like this type of ratings-driving controversy. Why run from it now?
  5. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,208 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    This thread is useless without a picture.

P.S., Yes, she is. :)
  6. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    This guy just completely and utterly owned this clown.

The conversation you attempted to have on national television is one that has been pervasive within the black community for generations. The idea of the house negro, the Uncle Tom, the sellout or, as you so eloquently put it, the "cornball brother" has led our people to judge and grade each other's blackness. It is a conversation that puts our people in a box and limits our potential. It presumes what we are and can be, then penalizes those who attempt otherwise.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shane-paul-neil/an-open-letter-to-rob-parker_b_2296993.html
  7. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,008 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Thank you for posting that link. That was awesome.
  8. SkinsFan82

SkinsFan82 Member

286 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Rob Parker has released a statement/apology via twitter.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kdio2q

9. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,008 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I doubt he is sincerely sorry about what he said. More like he's sorry he's one step from being unemployed.
  10. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I agree w/ you totally. Saying this crap after the fact? The facts were what you said on that segment, Bob. The facts now are not facts and how you spin it to save your job is less of an apology and almost just as bad as what you said.

I would like to add this is how the person truly feels. Lets be honest, stepping back and sprinkling sugar and candy over it trying to hide the turd you created does not change the fact that its truly how you feel.

All of this apology crap is for the birds. You said it...deal with it and move on.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    yeah he meant every word. No doubt about it since he has said similiar things before.

this is just BS to try and save his job.

Since it is BSPN it will probably work
  12. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    This is not really a defense of Rob Parker, but an indictment of ESPN.

Radio stations hire shock jocks the push the edge, but not too far...when it does, is it really just the jocks fault? Stuff like the Aussie deejays and the London nurse taking her life.

ESPN is doing the same kind of thing.
  13. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    He doubled down on his twitter account right afterward and blasted people as idiots and that he stood by what he said...

He also said there was no way he was getting fired... I guess this was his only way to save his job...
  14. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    I never thought the problem was that he handled things in an insensitive manner. I just thought he was wrong and that his points and stance made no sense.
  15. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    It's double speak... he's maintaining he's right through this coded garbage...
  16. joseephuss

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    Well put. That was my thought as well.
  17. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,536 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    remember though, Eldrick played down the fact he was black, didn't he say he was cablanasian or something stupid like that?
  18. joseephuss

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    In one of Tiger's first Nike TV ads(if not the first one) there was a scene with him saying there are golf courses where he is not allowed to play. Other than that ad, I don't recall him ever talking about the subject. I remember him declining to answer when he was asked his opinion about allowing women into Augusta a decade or so ago.
  19. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,778 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    I wonder who wrote the apology for him?

He has never appeared bright enough to write something like that.

I would bet a significant amount of money he didnt even write it, or he had a lot of help.
  20. joseephuss

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    Shows how good my memory isn't. Tiger doesn't speak in that ad.

http://aaww.org/hello-world-how-nike-sold-tiger-woods/