1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Will Scandrick take Claiborne's Job?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,115 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    I got this off of a Cowboys Facebook page, yes I know just someone's opinion, but do they have Scandrick starting ahead of Claiborne, and if so, do you agree with it?

RDE: Lawrence, Mincey

3TDT: Melton, Coleman

1TDT: McClain, Bishop

LDE: Selvie, Crawford, Gardner

WIL: Carter, W.Smith

MIKE: Holloman, Hitchens

SAM: Durant, Wilber

RCB: Scandrick, Moore, Patmon

LCB: Carr, Claiborne, Mitchell

FS: Wilcox, Hamilton

SS: Church, Heath
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    Since the middle of the season, it's been Scandrick's job to lose, not Claiborne. Scandrick is the best and most versatile CB on the roster right now.

Seeing the rotation based on twitter accounts, Carr is the guy who needs to look over his shoulder. IIRC, in the majority of cases, O-Scan will take Claiborne's spot outside, however there are times when Scandrick is moving outside and it's Carr that's coming off the field, not Claiborne.
    Ky31, Dion2288, Irvin88_4life and 7 others like this.
  3. Arkyvarminter

1,115 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    That's what I was thinking. Scandrick is a much better tackler also...
  4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,964 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    I think you'll see a rotation to keep them fresh. We'll probably play plenty of 3 db anyway.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  5. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received

Not everyone has a Superbowl ring.
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    They will never let it happen because of what they have invested in Claiborne.

With that said he will end up the starter because Claiborne will get hurt.

After watching Claiborne in college, plus his physical abilities, I am absolutely shocked that he hasn't developed into one of the best corners in football.
  7. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,273 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    If the D-line can improve Claiborne will as well.
    Fletch likes this.
  8. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    Not sure what you mean. Scandrick is already the starter. But with the amount of nickel being played, the top three CBs will all see plenty of playing time.

9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Scandrick has had one good year. Lets seem him duplicate before we start crowning him best CB on the team.
    The Natural likes this.
  10. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    I disagree with him only having one good year. That said, it's not the fans giving him that crown, tho. Just the coaches by their actions, the player's on-field play, and of course, media spin.
  11. Arkyvarminter

1,115 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    Scandrick is one of the most consistent players we have...
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  12. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Well it's not that hard to be the best CB on this team.
    theranchsucks and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  13. ufcrules1

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    I don't remember him playing well before last year. He may have had a game here and there where he played good but he had more bad than good. Carr on the other hand had several good in KC and his first year here was good and then there was a major fall off last year and I point to the change in scheme which made him play more zone and a lot less man to man.

I hope we get the same Scandrick we had last year or even better. It is a pleasant surprise from years past with him.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received

Ah, had not seen that.

That is disappointing for sure.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  15. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    You may not remember Scandrick's play, because you were focused on other players? It happens. Carr had a solid first year and a down 2nd year. IMO, he hadn't shown a whole lot of "wow" even in his first year, but I'm not down on his play. I just think Scandrick has played better than him.

What Scandrick's play has shown the last few years is consistency and a trend upward. Carr is kinda even and Claiborne is a shaky even, IMO, too.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received

I think the scheme switch hurt both of our corners. Rob Ryan actually tried to play to our strengths. It seems like Jason's offense and Monte's defense just stick to the system and don't really put our players in the best position to succeed.

We just kind of line up and run a play and hope it works.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received

To me it seems like Scandrick always starts off really well and just about the time you start to praise him he starts giving up a lot of plays.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  18. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

636 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Im not too worried about it. IF they are all healthy, there are plenty of snaps to go around. Between nickel and a potentially inept pass rush causing them to do a lot of scrambling and thus wearing them out, there will be plenty of time to go around.
    Idgit likes this.
  19. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    I think that happens anytime a player starts to get praised for his play and fans start to scrutinize him. Because he may have always given up those types of plays, but when it comes under scrutiny, then folks wonder what all the hype is about.
    pancakeman likes this.
  20. ufcrules1

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Scandrick 100% played better than Carr last year but he didn't the year before. Carr is a proven CB who had one down year last year. Scandrick has only had one good year since I have been watching him. Just my opinion. I think we will see a huge bounce back from Carr if they let him play more man to man.