1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Will Scandrick take Claiborne's Job?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,688 Messages
    8,460 Likes Received
    Scandrick's been a heck of a CB here for a long time. He came in impressing people in camp, he's covered the slot for us, and he's been a team player when he was behind Jenkins in the roster and pushing him for time. He's my vote for defensive team captain with Lee out.

He played great last season, too, no doubt. That game against WAS at the end of the year where Carr had the flu and they switched up and put him on Garcon at the end of the game and he covered that critical slant on 3rd and whatever...that was just a huge play for us at a time when we had to have one on defense. Good stuff.
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,926 Messages
    7,983 Likes Received
    He's only had one good year, because that was the only year you paid attention to him. lol He's been pretty good for awhile, IMO.

Either way, it can only be a good thing if Carr's play rebounds back to 2012 levels. As always, I'm hopeful that he will.
    djmajestik and pgreptom like this.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

23,330 Messages
    10,765 Likes Received
    I don't know how doable it is contract wise but I would think the Cowboys will be looking to part with Carr in the near future.

What a horrible decision that was.
    jday likes this.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

23,330 Messages
    10,765 Likes Received
    Scandrick, Crawford, Lawrence.

You guys whine about sea foam green pants. How are you going to like blue turf?
    dogunwo likes this.
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,398 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    Ok, you get the last word. :)
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  6. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,702 Messages
    811 Likes Received
    Take or keep?
    Idgit likes this.
  7. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

1,109 Messages
    644 Likes Received
    The thing about OSCAN that makes him very good, is that he is a fighter. You rarely see him get into a slump where everything goes against him.

It seems that the knock on him is that he tries too hard and gets that PI call against him for being too physical.
  8. Playmaker247

Playmaker247 Member

85 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Scandrick is a good cover corner but he has horrible ball skills
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

52,348 Messages
    6,119 Likes Received
    Oh brother.
  10. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 alpha seeing omega Zone Supporter

3,588 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received
    that investment is close to running out... hope he can play....at the least.....solid.
    CATCH17 likes this.
  11. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,500 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Get a pass rush and ALL the cornerbacks are going to suddenly look better. That said, I'd love to go thread shopping for all the folks who naysayed the draft day concerns of overtrading for Claiborne.
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    That is poor coaching at it's worst.
  13. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I am shocked, but it was because of different reasons. I watched a ton if LSU games and I saw the same Mo at the college level as I see in the pros. I assumed that I was missing something about Mo's play and that my opinion of his play was wrong. There was so many sources that said he was the top defensive player in the draft and I figured they knew more than I did. In this case, they didn't. The same problems that I noticed with his play at LSU are the same problems that have him on his way to being a bust in the NFL.
  14. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,637 Messages
    1,031 Likes Received
    Scandrick has been the starter and will remain the starter unless Claiborne comes on and is better ... but there will be some rotation because the secondary coach believes Dallas has three starting-caliber corners and Scandrick will move to the slot in three-receiver sets because he's better at it than Claiborne or Carr.

And actually if you look at the investment moneywise, Dallas has more invested in Scandrick than Claiborne.
  15. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,637 Messages
    1,031 Likes Received
    I'm not all that disappointed by it because Scandrick played well enough to be a starter. Now, that doesn't mean Claiborne doesn't need to play better, and Carr. It would be nice if it's difficult to choose two starters because all three are actually deserving of it.
  16. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,523 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Whether Scandrick takes over Claiborne's job or not depends entirely upon how Claiborne performs this year. I'm under the impression, according to what's being reported, that Mo will be afforded the opportunity to reclaim his starting position in 2014. Of course, whether or not he's able to overtake Scandrick's bid is highly questionable. The competition should be healthy for both.
  17. boyzjunkie

boyzjunkie Active Member

248 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Not saying this isn't accurate. But it sure is depressing.
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,212 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    I thought his physical ability would put him over the top. He looks like what a corner is supposed to look like.

He was soft in college and sure enough he is still pretty soft but I can get over that with my corner if he can shut down a receiver.

I'm just disappointed with him so far. I thought he would be a guy that could create turnovers consistently.
  19. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,083 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter. We'll be in the nickel most of the time with Scandrick in the slot while Carr and Claiborne play the outside. But, when we're in a standard 4-3, Scandrick will be lined up outside with Carr... at least for right now. We'll have to wait until after the training camp battle ends to be sure.
  20. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

14,581 Messages
    6,446 Likes Received
    Those OTA reports were a bit misleading.

When Claiborne was on the field in the base (non-Nickel) that is the 2nd string defense. They needed somebody to practice as the backup LCB behind Carr. They had Scandrick as the 2nd string LCB. It really wouldn't make sense to have Carr on the field with the 2nd string because then they would be practicing 2 deep at RCB but only 1 deep at LCB.
    WoodysGirl likes this.