1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Will Scandrick take Claiborne's Job?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Jun 13, 2014.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,995 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    Already happened
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  2. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,847 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    I didnt like the pick but hes a man corner not zone.
  3. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

597 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    It's more like will Claiborne get his job back
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,435 Messages
    1,432 Likes Received
    There are basically 3 starting CBs in todays NFL. Scandrick is better in the slot. MO will be starting on the right side.
  5. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 Active Member

728 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Scandrick is our best CB.

I love him but it's horrible that he is when you see we have 55 million in Carr and what we traded for Mo.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  6. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

962 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I think Carr is a really good corner and our best corner. I know he's been burned and was abused by Megatron but I still think he's a great corner. I know many here don't believe that and that's fine. I think he's asked to cover for too long due to the D line and the players around him are not that good. He's made some big plays since he's been here and seems to be the only corner doing so. As for Mo, I just don't think he will ever pan out. Scandrick is our best tackling corner but asking him to go one on one with number one receivers consistently is asking too much..........Carr is better..
    ufcrules1 and Fletch like this.
  7. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,030 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    Playing more man coverage will help all our db's and hopefully with a little health we can sort em out on an even plane...
  8. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,322 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    Everybody has an ax to grind. An agenda if you will. But if they get better up front. It will trickle down to the secondary, plain and simple. I won't bite regarding this topic.
  9. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,768 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    If you mean that Scandrick will be in the slot when we have three corners on the field, I agree. If you mean that he'll only play the slot, I disagree. He will be one of the two starting corners, then move to the slot when we have three corners on the field ... like he did last year.
  10. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

722 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Maybe Mo would look better if we actually let him and Carr play more MAN instead of zone, which is the kind of corners they are.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,435 Messages
    1,432 Likes Received
    I dont think he will. After that 1st half of the Broncos game something just clicked in Claiborne. Its just too bad he had the injury issues he had after and whatever was going on with his family. But after that 1st half he played some really good football. Its just too bad we didnt get to see it much. But word is that he is stronger bigger and his technique is better because he knows his job according to people at VR.
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    It was one of the dumbest moves in team history to make that big of an investment and then hire a coach that runs a defense with a zone coverage scheme. Not only is it a waste if talent, but it is a waste if salary cap space and draft picks. That very same coach had to be replaced after one year due to a record breaking bad defense. After going back and reading this post, I am convinced that 90% of the posters on this board would not have made this stupid of a decision if they were GM. The homers want to know why realist has such a negative attitude, it is because of dumb management decisions like this.
    PA Cowboy Fan and ufcrules1 like this.
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,753 Messages
    1,334 Likes Received
    I cannot agree with this. Scandrick was not very good down the stretch. GB and Chicago picked on him relentlessly and he gave up long completions and TD. It's not like he was making plays against division opponents either.
  14. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 alpha seeing omega Zone Supporter

1,522 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    I kinda of seen it....... but like you said it was a small sample size due to injury.....
    so he still has a lot to prove...... good luck to him, we need him to play well......
    last year all of our corners had their moments....good & bad.
    LatinMind likes this.
  15. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,435 Messages
    1,432 Likes Received
    I agree 100%. He has to prove it. But i think he will. Him and Carr have alot to prove. And Marinelli looking to play more to their strengths is only going to be better for them.
    RonSpringsdaman20 and ufcrules1 like this.
  16. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,299 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    Oh the days of yesteryear when I argued against the masses that my boy OSCAN was better than Mike Jenkins.. Time reveals all truths... lmbo
    Mr Cowboy likes this.
  17. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,751 Messages
    3,477 Likes Received
    There were some games in 2013 where they played primarily man-coverage. The results were not any better.
  18. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,520 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    yup, that is the problem, Clairborn isn't a slot cb, and OScan excels there, combine that with the weakness of our LB crew almost forces them to keep OScan in the slot.....and if we do get our passrush going---teams will look even more to the quick pass--ie the slot receiver as a outlet: OScan stays there, MO simply has to up his game to his potential.
  19. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,751 Messages
    3,477 Likes Received
    Everybody agrees that Scandrick is the slot CB. They question is about the starter when only 2 CBs are on the field in the base (non-Nickel) defense.
  20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,711 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    Word is that will happen this year.