1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Will Sean Payton end up coaching the Cowboys?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Nov 4, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,246 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    09:30 AM ET 11.04 | Within the past year, the multiyear contract extension the Saints announced for Sean Payton in September 2011 was voided by the NFL, making the suspended head coach a free agent after this season and casting questions on how long he will remain in New Orleans, according to league sources. Payton is expected to become the NFL's most sought-after head coach after this season and there already is speculation in league circles that he could wind up returning to Dallas, where he worked as the assistant head coach from 2003 to 2005, during which time the Cowboys brought in quarterback Tony Romo, who attended the same college, Eastern Illinois, as Payton.

ESPN

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/346298-will-sean-payton-end-up-coaching-the-cowboys
  2. Hussein

Hussein Member

131 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,038 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Dear Lord please let us hire Sean Payton...

:pray:
  4. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,570 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    please let it happen.
  5. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,472 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    not a chance in hell
  6. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

846 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    New Orleans will just give him a newer bigger contract the nfl won't void. Hell never see the open market
  7. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dosent matter if Mr. Jones is still in charge nothing will change.
  8. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,774 Messages
    727 Likes Received
    Doubt there would be a chance at all.

Payton's not going to leave NO
  9. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure nothing this good could happen to the Cowboys.
  10. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,386 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    ^^^^^
  11. CIWhitefish

CIWhitefish Member

787 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    This. It's nice to dream but the odds are low Payton ever leaves NO. I think I have a better chance winning the lottery.
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,921 Messages
    2,876 Likes Received
    Werder, who is great friends with Payton and knows Jerry as well as anyone, was on 103.3 earlier this morning and he sounds like Jerry would do it. Said Jerry would hate to part ways with Garrett, but he absolutely loves Sean Payton and this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for him.

Plus he says Payton loves Dallas and wanted to retire here. And as hard as it would be to leave New Orleans, he'd relish the opportunity to return the Cowboys brand back to dominance.

I still think the odds would have to be very slim, but Werder sounded surprisingly sure that Jerry would pursue it if Payton really becomes available.
  13. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,619 Messages
    146 Likes Received
  14. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,384 Messages
    2,011 Likes Received
    from your lips to gods ears
  15. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    I wish! If jg is still here next year count on 8-8 or less again!!
  16. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    Nobody wins the lottery the goverment takes it all.
  17. Merlin

Merlin Member

361 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I sincerely hope Sean Payton is the next head coach. Jerry would have to admit his failures and give up some control for that to happen. I am not sure Jerry is capable of holding the GM accountable for his failure to adequately perform the duties of that position. He has to start with the "Man in the Mirror" before this organization will get rid of this losing culture that he has enabled.
  18. Luckenbach

Luckenbach Member

91 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sean Payton is all I want for Christmas.
  19. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,339 Messages
    557 Likes Received
    Damn, I hate threads like this. Its because now Im anxious for the season to be over so WE can all figure out if this rumor is true or not. I hope so though. I would love to have Peyton here and I think he will really take this offense into a new level.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,820 Messages
    5,531 Likes Received
    If I remember correctly, Sean Payton is too smart for his own britches and isn't a very good play caller. I have that on pretty good authority from his time here previously.

It's not going to happen, and JG isn't going anywhere. Strap in and enjoy the ride people. Personally, I'm at the point where I'm just going to enjoy everybody else's misery on the topic until there's actually a convincing argument for letting the guy go.