1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Will Yankees Payroll ballon to 300 million?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Kangaroo, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They have quite a few big salaries players locked up for years and they want guys like beltran and Matt Morris

What salaries end this year Brown and vasquez cost them 25 million in salary combine do they still have those albatrous around there neck next year ?
  2. GTaylor

GTaylor Gif Dude

1,849 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, Brown for one more year at $15 million (Not sure on Vazquez), they also have Bernie Williams for one more year (Original contract 6 yrs $87 mill). After that they'll get some "relief"

But their payroll is only $185 million, so no they won't hit 300 million. But they'll easily cross $200 million...
  3. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    and it will go up more this offseason
  4. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I certainly hope so. :D
  5. DLK150

DLK150 The Quiet Man

1,312 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    *Sigh* It looks that way. Thank God Ed Whitson's too old to pitch these days. Then again, I don't know what George's cap is as far as "too old".

I'm almost glad Billy Martin, may he Rest In Peace, isn't around. After this season Steinbrenner would probably call him and tell him he's fired just out of frustration.

I don't envy Brian Cashman either. Trying to fix the mess of a situation they have with old, overpaid, underperforming players would be hard enough without the Cleveland shipbuilder looking over his shoulder.
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament...

29,152 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    I heard Ron Guidry wants to make another run at it...