1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Windows Tablets?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Meat-O-Rama, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,227 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Not looking to start a flame war here, just looking for solid firsthand experience.

My sister is looking to get a tablet and would prefer it to have Internet Explorer capabilities due to work requirements.

It looks like the pickin's are pretty slim for Windows 7 based tablets. She likes the Dell Inspiron Duo which is sort of a convertible netbook/tablet, but the reviews have been less than stellar for it.

Anyone out there used a Windows based tablet? Impressions? Should I just steer her towards a Windows based netbook?
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    ATM there really isn't a viable Win7 tablet option. I suggest steerign her towards a nice netbook if Win7 and IE are a requirment. We have stadards in place at the state and have been purchasing the Dell mini1012 and 1018. They have been excellent so far. Our users enjoy them and we can easily support most of our applications locally on them.

There are some sweet netbooks out now. HP and Toshiba have some slick ones out as well.

The Win7 tablet we are waiting for is the Asus EP121. We have about 5 orders in and are just waiting for them to ship so that we can kick the tires a bit before settling in on a standard.
  3. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,227 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Thanks, I will have her look into those. Keep us posted on the Asus tablets, please.