1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Witten sets NFL single-season receiving record for tight ends

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 23, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,713 Messages
    6,481 Likes Received
    _ Jimmy Burch

Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten made NFL history Sunday but was in no mood to celebrate his milestone moment.

That’s because catching his 103rd pass of the season _ an NFL single-season record for a tight end _ paled in comparison to Sunday’s 34-31 overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints that knocked Dallas (8-7) out of a share of first place in the NFC East Division.

“I would rather it come in a different way, when you can go out and have a win and enjoy it,” said Witten, who eclipsed the mark held by Tony Gonzalez (102). “But it’s something that’s special. Obviously, there have been a lot of good tight ends play for a long time and I have so much respect for the game and this position. To break that, it’s special. Probably moreso this year because of the way the season started for me. It’s something I’m going to remember for a long time.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...for-tight-ends-in-cowboys-loss-to-saints.html
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,287 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    Nice thing is, with each catch he makes next week, he sets that record again. So he'll get his chance to set the record and enjoy it after a win.