1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Witten Vs Bennett Revisited

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hoofbite, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,119 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Any takers?
  2. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why do so many people here hate Bennett. He played hard while he was here I don't hold a grudge against anything he said post Dallas either. Yea he wanted a better oportunity elsewhere, who wouldn't when they have to compete against Witten.
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I haven't seen his moronic family bagging on romo on twitter in a long time. Or bagging on witten like his brother did.

Its great he is part of a losing team in ny.

I hope he ends up in jax or something next year.
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Was there anyone who ever said they'd choose Bennett over Witten in the first place.. or is this thread just showing how silly the OP is?

These are the questions..
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,119 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Must have hit a nerve with all that silliness.
  6. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,192 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    It isnt about MartyB, it is about Cowboy fans throwing Witten under the bus and saying we should of kept MartyB and that he is better then Witten at this point in his career.
  7. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Correct.
  8. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,714 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    ...feel blessed to have Jason Witten on this team.

If you take time to rewatch games you will find out he grades extremely well.

He had a bit of a problem with some false starts, but when I rewatched the games I realized some of those were possibly attributed to Cook at the time.

Just a real good player for this team.
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    There was never even a debate on the board about who the better TE is.. its pretty clear to anyone with a noggin.

However, at this point in their careers.. if we had to choose one to keep, i would have said go with the guy who has youth on his side.

Even i'll admit though.. as long as he's been in the league, i can't believe Witten is only 30. Looks like he can play for another few years.. although you would think eventually teams will figure out a way to stop the "5 yard out" route. Mind boggling how no team ever looks to jump it or play Witten underneath. Its not pretty alot of the time, but the man gets the job done.
  10. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,759 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    It's not that he left it's the way he left. It's like he painfully drudged through the last year, dropped EVERYTHING and he's just a moron. I hate him.
  11. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,066 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    MartyB was immature from day one and never came close to living up to his potential. He never seemed to take the game seriously, and is the poster child for the kind of player we don't want, and should avoid in the future.

I wish him luck with the Giants, and I sincerely hope he gains a thousand yards while they go 4-12 and he twitters away to his heart's content.
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  13. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Possibly? I take it you're talking about when then entire team took off on a specific count and Cook held the ball for another second before snapping it. Yeah I'm out on a limb here but I also put that one on Cook.
  14. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,940 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    There's no doubt that Bennett was a solid blocker. He was a good guy, but playing behind a TE like Jason Witten it's just tough to really get playing time/snaps and be able to get a feel for what he can REALLY do.

I think in NYG he hasn't broken out like I'm sure he'd hoped he would, but I think he's shown enough potential that he could be used more next year.
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,687 Messages
    225 Likes Received

He didn't and that's why people hate him
  16. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,838 Messages
    3,841 Likes Received
    come on guys you're telling me you dont miss this at least a little bit?

[youtube]5lP8fHN53t0[/youtube]
  17. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,378 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Exactly. I'm not sure how the original post was twisted into people hating Marty B. Did he frustrate many of us? Yes. Was he a big mouth who made some moronic comments? Yes. Did he blow numerous opportunities to contribute while he was here? Yes. Do many of us "hate" him? Not really. Was it stupid for people to suggest that Witten was done and Marty B was better? Obviously.
  18. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    He should have stayed quiet and took the golden opportunity he had and learned how to be a pro from one of the all time greats.
    Just another youngster who couldn't see the forest through the trees.
  19. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,582 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Don't blame Marty B. for the big mouth he's grown since he relocated. It's The Giant Way. They pump stupidity into the water in East Rutherford.
  20. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    He did, actually.. and the ones who still "hate" him are the ones that are too blind to realize it.

;)