1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Witten Vs Bennett Revisited

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hoofbite, Dec 23, 2012.

1. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

335 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I hated him because he wouldn't shut his mouth and just play. Is he bagging on ELI now ??
  2. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,759 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    If he played harder he would have had a more solid role on this team. Nothing about the guy said effort he's just a bum and now he's fitting in perfectly with the invalids of New York
  3. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,059 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    It wasn't going to happen here folks. Bennett realized this and wanted out. He wanted to be the #1 TE and had a nice season with the Giants. Obviously he lacks in the maturity department but on the field he's a good NFL TE.
  4. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,520 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    Do I see parralles between Marty B running his "tweets" and Jeremy Schocky running his mouth..........

............and the Giants performance on the field? maybe just a coincidence:rolleyes:
  5. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,125 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    I like Hanna better as a receiver anyway. He'll have to mature as a blocker, but he has time to do that.
  6. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,602 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    I wonder if he still thinks he was a good book covered by a bad one. :rolleyes:
  7. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,276 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    I'm guessing you were on the Bennett side of this early season conversation.
  8. phildominator

phildominator Member

672 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hai guyz...Hogeboom or Pelleur?
  9. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,910 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Well you have to know though that Marty B is younger than Witten. To be honest i'm more intrigued by James Hanna then I am Martellus but let's don't kid ourselves. The running game was a lot better here when Marty B was here. No one mentions that but that's something you can't escape. The guy isn't a bad player. I don't understand the hate he gets. He throws little shots at his ex team. So what? Marty B is a decent player. If I had my choice i'd love to have Witten and Marty on this team but it wasn't a option.
  10. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,760 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Of course there was. Also get rid of Miles, Dez, Romo, Ware, and Witten posts/threads. In general Cowboys fans are pretty stupid.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,670 Messages
    4,546 Likes Received
    Sadly, yes. There were plenty who thought keeping Bennett was the smart move. RtH, at least, isn't slinking away from that take.

Bennett was a knucklehead. I had hopes for him because of his immense athletic potential, but I didn't like the pick, and I didn't like him or his personality from day one. I'm glad he's gone, I don't particularly wish him well with his career. The NFL should be for players who are willing to give whatever it takes to stay in the league. I don't like players who take it for granted.

I liked Phillips better, anyway. And I like Hana more than Phillips. Not all that slowly, but surely, we're getting rid of the wrong types of guys and drafting the right ones.
  12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,772 Messages
    1,196 Likes Received
    How do you really feel? :laugh2:
  13. Z mann R2

Z mann R2 Member

398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This!!!! He acted like a doosh
  14. jchap

jchap Member

677 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    The real point is Bennett will have maddeningly unfulfilled talent for the next ten years which always gives hope for the following season! "We got a shot this year if Bennett takes the next step!!!" Witten is good and we know it so we have nothing to look forward to but more of the same!
  15. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,154 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    ill end it now, i want to see more of Hanna
  16. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,028 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    Must be the same COWBOYS fans who say E-Lie is better than Romo! :lmao2: :lmao2:
  17. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,884 Messages
    1,111 Likes Received
    I'm a Witten fan, but last I checked, people are entitled to their opinion. A lot of people are saying Ware is done because he's riddled with injuries. When he's posting 20 sacks next year, other people will say, you're dumb for giving up on Ware (something I've never done by the way)

But remember, everyone has an opinion. And no one is right, until they're proven right, and vice versa. I've been wrong about some things, and I've been right about MOST things. ;)
  18. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Doosh?:lmao2:
  19. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Name one thing you been right about.:)
  20. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    You're going to have to show me where this board was for keeping Benett over Witten.

Bennett was a bad pick from day 1. Period. Our scouts had him pegged and told Jerry we'd have to keep our foot on his throat (almost an exact quote). And Jerry still drafted him. Horrible, horrible pick.

Bennett had his shot here. If he could have caught the ball when his number was called, he would have had more chances. I was sick of seeing balls bounce of his hands at the most inopportune moments and, even worse, get picked after it bounced off his hands. He never had the work ethic or mind set to make himself a better player. Witten tried working with him and he just wouldn't listen. Good riddance.