1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Biggems, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,820 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    on HBO right now.

I hope WK whoops that Brits pompeous, disrespectful behind.

I wish the Klitschko brothers were American, I love the way the fight and how they carry themselves in and out of the ring. Even though they are from the Ukraine (a major part of the former USSR) I have no problems rooting for them.

BTW, this fight depresses me, because it just shows how far American Heavyweight boxing has fallen.....and I honestly do not see it coming back anytime soon....for shame.
  2. johnny utah

johnny utah Guest

What a snoozer this fight was. Glad to see Wlad win though.
  3. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Haye, who stirred most of the hype with often crass trash-talking, said he hurt a toe on his right foot in training three weeks ago and lost some of his explosive power because of it.

''I couldn't give everything I needed to, it was really frustrating,'' Haye said in the ring. ''I had to knock him out and unfortunately I couldn't do it.''

Just to prove it, Haye stood on a table during the post-fight news conference and showed his swollen right foot to Klitschko and dozens of journalists.

''There was a bee that bit you?'' Klitschko joked, and advised Haye to avoid appearing like ''a sore loser.''
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Is boxing ever going to not suck again? Seriously, that fight was downright pathetic.
  5. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,571 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Worst heavyweight title fight I have seen.
  6. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,820 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    I didn't know if I was watching boxing or soccer......Haye looked in true soccer flop form.

My favorite part of the fight, was the announcers mocking Haye and his non-fighting, soccer flopping style of boxing. Too talk all that trash, then to not fight, to flop around the ring like a dying fish, and to make silly excuses after the fight......what a waste of time and space....he went out like a female dog

no harm in getting beat...but at least fight....especially if you run your mouth, go down swinging.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,487 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    Was this PPV? Did you folks pay money for this?
  8. johnny utah

johnny utah Guest

It was on HBO.
  9. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,571 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Yep. If he at attempted to fight and not back peddle then at least we would know he tried to back up his talk. I'm sure he will enjoy his paycheck (50-50 split) but I doubt he will enjoy the fallout from this fight.
  10. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    The sad thing is that the Heavyweight division is so poor that Haye will still be in high demand. As for the trash talking, that's just common fight promotion. Mayweather does it all the time. Ali had the biggest mouth of them all.
  11. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    But Ali and Floyd (as much as I hate him) back up their talk