1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Women march topless in Portland without incident

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Dallas, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    http://www.pressherald.com/news/Women-march-topless-in-Portland-without-incident.html

PORTLAND – About two dozen women marched topless from Longfellow Square to Tommy's Park this afternoon in an effort to erase what they see as a double standard on male and female nudity.

A group of women and men who had shed their tops march down a Congress Street sidewalk from Longfellow Square to Tommy's Park. They were promoting the freedom of women to be topless in public. The group attracted many amateur and professional photographers.

The women, preceded and followed by several hundred boisterous and mostly male onlookers, many of them carrying cameras, stayed on the sidewalk because they hadn't obtained a demonstration permit to walk in the street. About a thousand people gathered as the march passed through Monument Square, a mix of demonstrators, supporters, onlookers and those just out enjoying a warm and sunny early-spring day.

After the marchers reached Tommy's Park in the Old Port, some turned around and walked back to Longfellow Square, but most stayed and mingled in the park. Some happily posed for pictures.

Police said there were no incidents and no arrests – nudity is illegal in Maine only if genitals are displayed.

Ty McDowell, who organized the march, said she was "enraged" by the turnout of men attracted to the demonstration. The purpose, she said, was for society to have the same reaction to a woman walking around topless as it does to men without shirts on. :lmao:

However, McDowell said she plans to organize similar demonstrations in the future and said she would be more "aggressive" in discouraging oglers. :eek: :eek:

:lmao: :lmao:

Men !! :bow:
  2. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    LoL @ Me in the wrong zone.

WoW !

Ok leave it here - Ill get more props.
  3. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,251 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    wrong forum man
  4. fannypack

fannypack Sweet Squirrel

933 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it'd be more accurate to compare that to men walking down the street without pants on.
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Hot Topic
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Photos please (unless they're heifers).
  7. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

"What's the big deal?"
  8. dallascowboyfanboy

dallascowboyfanboy Member

643 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Same thing happened here in NYC on Central Park South. Unfortunately there weren't many very attractive women parading around topless for the same cause.
  9. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  10. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Good point bbgun.

[IMG]
  11. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received

WRONG !! WRONG WRONG in so many ways, Chief.

:lmao:
  12. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,927 Messages
    100 Likes Received

"My eyes are up here!"
  13. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    some guys prefer that :D
  14. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I spy a love connection

[IMG]
  15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,045 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    I don't know how you could be outraged. It's been hardwired for the better part of 200,000 years. Now, in the last 30 or 40, you want it to change as if evolution never played a role? This kind of thing is silly to me.
  16. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received

You watch Portland. They strive to be the NW version of SanFran. Its comical the news that comes out of that place sometimes.

Great city though.
  17. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
  18. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,475 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    That'd be kind of odd to evolve clothing. The best (well, most prolific) nature has come up with is fur. But I imagine we could genetically engineer our bodies to start producing clothes. Starting in the womb, your body grows a new pair of tighty whities, shorts, and a tshirt? You could end up with mutations that have pants growing on your head. That'd be awesome.
  19. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received

You are the astute one. Glad you posted that violation of mine.

It means a lot. :D
  20. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,045 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    Leave it to hairic to screw up a good thing like men wanting to actually look at women.

:laugh2: