1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Wonder if Ogletree will assume his 3rd wr back?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jblaze2004, Nov 28, 2012.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,259 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    wonder if he will assume his 3rd wr back? he is practicing full. Lets see who gets the role.
  2. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,391 Messages
    1,379 Likes Received
    If anyone other Ogletree starts at the third spot, I am done for the season. He is clearly our best option at the 3rd spot.
  3. jblaze2004

8,259 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  4. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    I beg to differ.

Harris and Beasley are both better receivers than Ogletree. They have both been more productive.

Ogletree is gone after this year. Put the young guys in and let them play.
  5. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

972 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    troll much?
  6. jblaze2004

8,259 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    this this this
  7. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,391 Messages
    1,379 Likes Received
    I forgot to mention it is time for the savior Orton to be starting. Oh, and lets bring back Ball, Mo and Carr are horrid.

That enough sarcasm for you? Ogletree bites and should be sent packing tomorrow :)
  8. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,924 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Haha was about to say.

Would not be surprised to see the position gifted right back to him though.
  9. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,812 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    He's JG's pet cat. He'll get more snaps than Harris and Beasley.
  10. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

2,842 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    Which is why I laugh at "accountability" being instilled.

Do you think the cowboys would ever make a player run stairs like Fisher did Janoris Jenkins

or

Rashard Medenhall fumbling twice and getting demoted to 3rd string

or

Rookie WR Michael Floyd was benched during loss to the Falcons for lining up wrong.

or mike wallace http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-at-risk-of-demotion-with-pittsburgh-steelers

or RT Gabe Carimi http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-carimi-latest-to-be-benched-by-chicago-bears

or
    Reggie Bush

or isaac Redman when they played KC and he fumbled. Cost me a FF game

The only "benching" i remember is DEz Bryant and punt returns.But no games or significant playing time.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,655 Messages
    3,578 Likes Received
    he will get his spot back, catch 3 passes...drop 2 and sign a $20M dollar extension after the game.
  12. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,948 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    If Ogletree takes his spot back it will be yet another example of Garrett's many failures.
  13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,012 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    That's just totally off base.

He wasn't even tendered at the end of last year. He came to camp with us because no one else offered him a job. He won the #3 job easily.

Yes, Harris and Beasley caught a bunch of balls last week. We also threw the ball over 60 times.

I'd love to think Harris and Beasley are great, but realistically they aren't much better than O'Tree
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,056 Messages
    3,973 Likes Received
    We don't draft players like Janoris Jenkins under Garrett. And we did bench Dez for fumbling on kick returns. Replaced Jenkins in the starting roster when we weren't prepared to resign him. Demoted Felix and Tanner for productivity reasons. Cut Brodney Poole outright his first week of camp for attitude and effort reasons.

Accountability isn't the problem in Dallas under Jason Garrett.

Thanks for the Mike Wallace link, though. I hadn't heard that. I'm glad he's having a down year. He'd be an interesting player in Dallas if Percy Harvin isn't available or on the radar.
  15. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    When did we bench Dez?

When did we demote Felix? He's been the starter since Murray went down and no one has ever had more carries than him in a game since then.

Face it man.. with all the penalties, sloppy play, etc.. no one is ever taken out of the game, forced to sit a couple series, benched for the rest of the game, etc..

There is no accountability under JG. You screw up, you get an "atta boy" and a slap on the rear.
  16. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    I believe it will be a Jones call.I think Garrett is smart enough to realize Ogletree is waste of space.
  17. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Not to mention every time Ogletree runs a route, Tony looks like he wants to punch him in the head.

Yet 10 games into the season he was still our number 3 receiver getting the major majority of the snaps.
  18. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    What did he do right in week one that he cant seem to do anymore?
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Teams decided they'd give in and actually cover him after week 1.. the Giants just thought they didn't need to waste a man on him.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,056 Messages
    3,973 Likes Received
    "We did bench Dez for fumbling on kick returns". And we demoted Felix to second string for productivity reasons. Just as I said.

Sorry, but the productivity thing is just another pretend ax to grind, along with the play calling complaints that every offensive coach, ever, has had to live with when his team's not winning as much as expected.

I agree that we should be benching players for series here and there for mistakes, but we're hardly unusual for not doing that. It's a fairly strong statement to take a starter our of a game for a mental mistake.