1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Wonder if Ogletree will assume his 3rd wr back?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jblaze2004, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,497 Messages
    5,235 Likes Received
    He runs the wrong routes. And he drops passes to kill drives.

I'm not a fan of Ogletree's, at all. Harris has been more effective in fewer snaps; at this point, he deserves the start. We'll see what happens.
  2. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,584 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    If he does it's stupid, Harris should be 3rd Beasley 4th 5th Armstrong
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Playcalling is one thing.. agree with that, that it will be questioned as long as we keep losing whether some of it is justified or not.

Like you said in the last paragraph there though.. we haven't made a strong enough statement to the team on the accountability front. Guys seem to comfortable. Play is consistently inconsistent week in and week out.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,783 Messages
    7,147 Likes Received
    If Broaddus is correct, Beasley won't be a factor in this game and Harris will see a lot less playing time to make way for Ogletree.
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,877 Messages
    1,198 Likes Received
    Excellent post. There is ZERO accountability here. Ogletree doesn't even deserve another snap in a Cowboys uniform. Get Sensabaugh, Scandrick, Felix, Free, Livings, Spears, Hatcher, etc out of here as well.
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,877 Messages
    1,198 Likes Received
    That is REALLY going to piss me off. You have guys that are hungry and way more capable than Ogletree. That guy is nothing more than a joke in a uniform.
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,728 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    If he does, I'm not going to be happy.

Harris and Beasely deserve a shot. Otree is nothing but unreliable.
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Hatcher is our best DL'man.

Livings has been our best OL'man.
  9. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

994 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    yeah i was about to say what is with the livings hate? he actually has been pretty solid for us so far, bern on the other hand...
  10. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didn't get that, either. Hatcher is also extremely cheap. Would be VERY stupid to cut him.
  11. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Witten came back into the offense - biggest difference.

Then shortly after that he missed a hot slant in Chicago leading to an INT. Since then Romo has been shy about going to him on short routes over the middle which is where he was so effective against the Giants.

Lately it seems most of the passes to him are at the sidelines or deep which are lower percentage throws.

I do agree that Beasley and Harris seemed to play better than he has lately. The proviso is that the Skins have a bad pass defense and were playing soft with a 25 point lead.
  12. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,402 Messages
    1,010 Likes Received
    I believe Harris Should start with Dez. They are both heady strong players. I really don't care who plays the 3rd role because they really aren't the "3rd" option like everyone on this BOARD thinks. Like I said before 40 catch season would be a success for o-tree and he has 25 now. So it's fesible that it happens. Nothing worng with that when you are 2nd on the team in TD receptions.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,612 Messages
    2,002 Likes Received
    I'm assuming you jest.
  14. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,717 Messages
    1,588 Likes Received
    Of course I am :)
  15. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please start Beastly at #3. O-Tree is useless out there
  16. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,313 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received

If you are talking last year, Felix was demoted after he was injured and Murray played lights out. Replacing Murray would have draw incredible fan wrath. I dont think that counts.

Its ironic because I remember 2008 vs Was (1st time) Felix got no touches we lost the game and Barber was completely ineffective.

What about Parnell for Free? Free isnt making mental mistakes as much as he just sux.

I appreciate coaches that can hold players accountable publically. When you are making $MM/yr I would think the only motivation for some is ridicule and pride. They either get made and buckle down or dont. If they dont they probably know they will get released and cost themselves money on the next contract - if there is one.

I meet you half way and agree there has been "asccountability " in the offseason, but come gametime I think there is almost completely zero.