1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Word of Muth: Making Linebackers Slow (Eagles)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jimnabby, Sep 27, 2013.

1. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,964 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Ben Muth of Football Outsiders is focusing on the Cowboys', Eagles' and Bengals' O-lines this year. Here's his article on the Eagles' performance against the Chiefs:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2013/word-muth-making-linebackers-slow
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I bet travis Frederick doesn't give a single second of his day worried about ben muth's analysis.
  3. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,322 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    What is the point of this thread?
  4. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,728 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    To discuss and analyze football, particularly O-Line play?
    dstovall5, Common Sense and jimnabby like this.
  5. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

1,780 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    Poe versus Frederick is a mismatch at "this" point in their careers. It does not mean that Frederick won't improve. I think by mid to late season he should be more comfortable against the big boys. Growing pains...it is easy to bash a rookie but Dontari did what he was supposed to do. He is a year ahead of Frederick in a system that suits him...very athletic for his weight [340 - 350lbs]. I think he can be long-lived at his position and likely better than he is even now. He is after all only 23 years old. Reports are that he didn't thrill in the pre-season of his rookie year [2012] but due to injury was forced into the line-up. He hasn't looked back!
    visionary likes this.
  6. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,964 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    We play the Eagles twice this year, which should come as no surprise. It's a good look at what they're doing on the OL in their new system.
  7. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    It was interesting to read about Peters' struggles in the game. It actually sounded like a decent description of what was happening with Doug Free last year. I remember the complaints from the OL coach were that Free wasn't being aggressive enough and was setting things up to allow DL to bullrush him effectively. We've hardly seen anyone bullrush him effectively this year so far.
  8. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,428 Messages
    3,000 Likes Received
    Gotta say I thought it was very interesting.