1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

words fail me

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by bbgun, Aug 26, 2007.

1. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
  3. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    I think Simon Cowell should be a judge of these pageants. His response to this would have been...

Clearly you fall into the aforementioned 20%.
  4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,965 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    Mario Lopez lol
  5. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I only have one thing in mind for her, but since this is a family site ...
  6. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lawd have mercy on us all...

Suddenly, ever blonde joke I've ever heard rings a bit truer... play that clip again, bb, and look deeply into her eyes... I swear, you can see the back of her skull... :D
  7. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Clipped from a blog:

Seriously, this is a major indictment of the US educational system. This young woman is a freaking victim more than anything else. A victim of the school system she attends, a victim of plainly derelict parents, and a victim of a society that doesn't value education as much as it used to.
  8. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Sounds like the Vick defense that he is a victim of his upbringing/culture. How about some personal responsibility?? If you're dumb, educate yourself.

(Not directed to you bb)
  9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,965 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    Rubbish. I was in that same public school system (which I agree, leaves a lot to be desired). But I made it my business to learn and educate myself, and continue to do so.
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it's more of a critique of "social promotion" in our schools. This girl is a senior in high school. How did she get to be a senior in the first place? Someone had to promote her.
  11. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,079 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Good thing she is pretty.
  13. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,093 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    That's really all that matters.
  14. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,119 Messages
    3,160 Likes Received
    You know, it honestly scares the crap out of me that there are people out there with no grasp of anything other than X-box, the latest fashions, and what's on TV.

Jay Leno does his Jay Walking segments and I honestly can't fathom people that stupid. The dumbest one ever was when he asked a guy "how many feet are in a mile?" Now even if you don't know that there are 5280 feet in a mile you surely wouldn't answer as this guy did.

"About 12 feet."

Jay Leno couldn't believe his answer so he challenged him. He said, "from here to over there is about 60 feet. That's 5 miles?"

You would think that an intelligent person might figure out they've just said something incredibly dumb. Not this guy. he looked at the distance and said..

"About that."

:bang2:

Here's hoping this girl was merely nervous, didn't hear the question correctly, or some other reason. If she's that dumb she shouldn't be breeding and unfortunately she's attractive enough that most men will want to do just that with her.
  15. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The pure irony in this is that would have been the perfect answer to that question-- the inability of so many of our students to locate the US on a map of the world is an indictment of our education system...

But I don't know if she's really that stupid, or if she simply never anticipated getting that sort of question, and it flustered her, then she panicked while fumbling around for the answer...

Then I think to myself she WAS really, really BLONDE... so maybe I'm wrong...
  16. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I felt like I received a very high quality of education from our public schools, in spite of attending 4 different high schools (Army brat)...

But I graduated back in 1970...
  17. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which makes her the most likely to procreate... think about that... :D

I ran across a really funny video clip about that one time, in which a successful and obviously highly intelligent young couple kept on debating about when would be the right time to have a baby, until they found themselves past the normal age to start a family, while this young, not too bright redneck couple just kept on cranking out the rugrats...

Dan Jenkins had a name for that kind of girl, one that you'd come across from time to time in his novels-- he called them "steel-bellied airheads"...

That girl is the poster child for steel-bellied airheads...
  18. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, she is that dumb, and yes, I will be romancing her. The irony is that the question posed to her centered on ignorance, of which she's the living embodiment.

Her performance reminds me of the best line from Billy Madison:

Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
  19. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She can make a complete farce of here intelect in my bed anytime:D
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    Society- or more particularly popular culture- does not value a real education any more. No emphasis on the BASICS that you need to start with.
    Parents- clearly do not care.
    Schools- we already know they are lousy.
    Anymore its up to the PERSON to see to it that they learn what they need to = and sadly there will be a lot that never figure that out.