1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

World Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by joseephuss, May 13, 2014.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    Absolute class from gotze
  2. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,551 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    No. More. Soccer!!!!!!!
    The Ominous likes this.
  3. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

3,107 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    How the heck did the German GK win the best GK award? During the tournament I don't think I heard is name too often as the best GK.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,795 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    oh little boy why don't you hold your breath and sit in the corner?

Just waiting for someone to explain how running around for 120 minutes and getting one single score is interesting.
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Why? You aren't going to agree with any explanation given to you. No, one is ever going to change your minde. You don't like soccer and that is okay. Stop being a bully and go away.
    erickb likes this.
  6. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

1,065 Messages
    607 Likes Received
    You should take your own advice from your avatar.
  7. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,384 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    Neuer is and was outstanding. Best keeper on the planet by some distance and he also had a good World Cup making some great saves and only conceded 4 goals.
  8. burmafrd

41,795 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received

wah wah wah. Mommy he is being mean to me.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  9. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,196 Messages
    2,011 Likes Received
    New fan of the World Cup. I really enjoyed the games I got to watch although I had no rooting interest.
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,533 Messages
    1,798 Likes Received
    Admittedly, I'm not a huge soccer fan to begin with. But man, the World Cup is so much less interesting without the US in it lol

Good game in the end, agree that I'm glad it didn't go to PKs.

I honestly wonder if there is anybody in the US has the skill to score like Gotze did.
  11. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,878 Messages
    1,477 Likes Received
    various:
    Gratz to Germany. They were the top side over the course of the tourney and aside from a game 2 lul were outstanding.
    The US parked bus versus Germany looks much smarter now that Argentina used same strat, lol.

Didn't agree with Messi or Nauer as award finalists but it what it is and winning elevates.
    --I thought Robben was the best overall player I saw. --and i hate that dude.
    --Thought Ochoa, Howard and Navas were all more impressive than Nauer because they faced much more pressure and made more saves.
    --4 goals allowed is really impressive but Nauer faced the least shots on goal per game of any GK in this tourney. Nauer may well be best in the world but not sure he proved that here.
    visionary likes this.
  12. joseephuss

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    I would throw Romero into that last of GKs as well. He had a pretty good tournament. Got a shut out in each of the knockout rounds within regulation time and had some good saves in the PKs in the semis.
    visionary likes this.
  13. erickb

erickb Member

194 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    It's interesting because it is so hard to do, don't believe me go sign up for a adult rec soccer team and see how many goals you can score. Don't know why so many people hate soccer in the USA maybe they are afraid that is fast growing in America and the thought of something they don't like or understand makes them hate it even more.
    jterrell likes this.
  14. BoysFan4ever

6,196 Messages
    2,011 Likes Received
    Soccer to me is similar to hockey. Sometime they don't score much either.

Both sports require tremendous athleticism though & that is entertaining to me.
  15. burmafrd

41,795 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received

you flatter yourself and your sport that you are important enough to hate.

Marathon running is much tougher and I could care less about it then soccer.
  16. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,878 Messages
    1,477 Likes Received
    This is really the gist of it.
    Anyone on these threads that doesn't enjoy the game is here because they fear it... like older people have feared technology.

If not they'd just ignore the threads altogether and they'd die like the 100s of others.
  17. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,596 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    I think increasingly FIFA just wants to give the awards to whoever is there. Brazil's infrastructure is so awful that getting Robben and Cillessen back from Brasilia was going to be iffy. To me, those two were the stars of the tourney (James as well but they didn't go deep enough)
  18. joseephuss

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    I didn't think Cillessen looked that good at all. He looked very bad against Mexico. He seemed so unsure of himself on several shot attempts in that game. He got subbed out for what was the third string keeper, Krul before going to PKs against Costa Rica. That is very telling. He did nothing during the PKs against Argentina. I don't think he starred in any way during the tournament. Especially compared to other keepers who seemed to play very well during the last month.
  19. BoysFan4ever

6,196 Messages
    2,011 Likes Received
    I'd never seen the actual World Cup trophy & geez what a letdown. It's so little.

I expected a Stanley Cup size trophy since it's such a big deal worldwide.
  20. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,415 Messages
    1,900 Likes Received
    Someone should add up the scoring of all the World Cup games and see if that total comes close to equaling the largest number of points scored in the first half of a game by the lowest scoring NFL team last season. GOOOOOOOOAL! :)