1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

World's Finest (Batman/Superman) movie set for 2015

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by theogt, Jul 20, 2013.

1. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,250 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    I'll appreciate them mainly because I'm a huge fan of Nolan and love those movies so much and the way TDKR ended that chapter for Bale's Wayne and Wayne as Batman. This new Batman will feel like he is taking over from was Bale's Batman was but only in a different and maybe better way.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,707 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    I should say nothing solid enough for anyone to report. There are always unreported rumors. Most reported rumors in the industry aren't even reliable.
  3. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,689 Messages
    968 Likes Received
    Good, because I'm not a fan of any of those choices.
  4. theogt

43,707 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    My personal choice at the moment would be Nikolaj Coster-Waldau:

[IMG]

Otherwise known as Jamie Lannister.
  5. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,641 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    This 100%.

The Arkham Batman IS how Batman should be.
  6. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,099 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Gerard Butler would be my pick. I just wish he could stow away his Scottish accent a little better.
  7. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

901 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It's really not going to be based on Dark Knight Returns...Unless they're casting a 55 year old Batman.
    Joe Rod likes this.
  8. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,319 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    I am hoping that they mean "really loosely" basing it on that graphic novel if that is the route they go.
  9. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,251 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    His American accent involves him talking out of the side of his mouth. It gets annoying fast.
    DemonBlood likes this.
  10. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,689 Messages
    968 Likes Received
    plus he's not a real good actor, IMO.
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,505 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    I don't like any of the names thrown around in this thread to play Batman, to be perfectly honest. I'm pretty interested in how they're going to go with this if they're going to have an actual Batman vs. Superman movie.

The problem I see with this is though that they'd have to very loosely base it around the Dark Knight Returns stuff because Batman is significantly older during that series that they read from where Batman defeats Superman. I'm interested but I think this will be a very hard storyline to pull off.
  12. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,378 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    The way Batman/Supes fought in the Dark Knight returns was awsome, and if they stick to something similar that would really work. The problem is Cavill can't act, building a story around this will be a problem. Its a pity they blew their wad with George Clooney, he would be a great older Batman.
  13. mldardy

6,250 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    This is not true. He can act.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,665 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    I wonder if they could find some way to just extend Nolan's Batman by bringing in Joseph Gordon-Levitt, that way they get a new Batman that can tie into the old but doesn't have to be directly related to the old franchise. Gordon-Levitt looks younger, but they are roughly the same age and it's an excellent lead in to a new Batman franchise to stand opposite Superman's.

As far as Nolan's world not allowing for other types of characters, I don't think that's the case. You just need a good director. They were able to have Hulk, Ironman and Thor exist in the same world and they all come from very different places.
  15. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,378 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    What has he acted well in and don't give me MOS, he was wooden as a plank in that.
  16. theogt

43,707 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    They've officially stated this will be a new Batman that is recast.
  17. mldardy

6,250 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Well that's your opinion. I don't think he was close to wooden. He was one of the standouts of MOS.
  18. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,378 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    I was mostly enjoying the movie up until Lois and Supes met at his fathers grave, the conversation they had was terrible and had zero chemistry. You can disagree, but that just makes you wrong. I'm pretty forgiving of bad acting in super hero movies, but everything needs a limit.
  19. mldardy

6,250 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Disagreeing makes me wrong? OK whatever.
  20. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,378 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Glad we agree on this.