1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Worst movie you ever saw?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by honyock, Jan 28, 2013.

1. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,212 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Mine is "Windtalkers", the 2002 movie starring Nicholas Cage. It was especially disapppointing to me, given the subject matter. The story of the Navajo codetalkers and the role they played in WWII had the potential to be interesting material. But John Woo, the director, instead made an absolute mess of an action film, with plenty of slow motion shots of Nicholas Cage grimacing like he'd just taken cyanide. Cage was terrible, but I blame Woo for not having any idea how to make the movie. I've never walked out on a movie, but I came close on this one.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,275 Messages
    2,702 Likes Received
    Not my worse but that's a very interesting take on that movie.
  3. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,915 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Birdemic. It's so bad even Rifftrax can't redeem it (believe, I loved Rifftrax with Pumaman) and it's got its own cult following. I think Birdemic 2 came out for that very reason...

you can look at the trailer on youtube. I just realized it's not as family friendly as i thought.
  4. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,363 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. All I can say is I was bored one night in the late 70's and didn't have cable.
  5. honyock

1,212 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    It was probably a function of my expectations going in...was hoping they'd make a good movie out of that subject matter.

At the other extreme for war movies, I just re-watched "Black Hawk Down" the other night, and it held up well, as good as the first time I saw it.
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,081 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Hercules with Arnold.
  7. jobberone

35,275 Messages
    2,702 Likes Received
    One of those Jaws sequels.
  8. jobberone

35,275 Messages
    2,702 Likes Received
    I left that movie with a vague sense of unsatisfaction but I'm not real artsy. I guess disappointed is a good word, too.
  9. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,370 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    The English Patient
  10. KJJ

10,363 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    There was another one I saw years ago that was a low budget knockoff of Creature from the Black Lagoon. It was so low budgeted that you could tell the river scenes were filmed in a swimming pool. In one scene you could actually make out the drain in the pool. :cool: The lizard suit the creature was wearing was so cheap you could see the zipper on it.
  11. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,221 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Freddy got Fingered, written directed by and starring Tom Green. By far the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen (well I've seen part of it, I couldn't finish it)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240515/
  12. KJJ

10,363 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Your username sounds like the title of a bad movie. :)
  13. Hopeuhavechange

Hopeuhavechange New Member

145 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Redneck Zombies. Bad. And it's not really even close, but any flick with Keanu Reeves gets dishonorable mention.
  14. Hopeuhavechange

Hopeuhavechange New Member

145 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    YES! I was on a blind date and had to pretend to enjoy the miserable experience. Simply abominable. And so was the movie.
  15. Angus12

Angus12 Member

90 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Ishtar. Terrible movie.
  16. jubal

jubal Member

580 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Flash Gordon- 1980 version.
    Just finished watching on Retro channel.
    Like taking medicine except there was no redeeming results after watching it,just the bad taste it left.
  17. honyock

1,212 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Definitely makes my Most Overrated list. Ralph Fiennes is the least likeable actor I can think of.
  18. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,370 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    Aye, I took this question in regards to movies that were pumped up, big actors and directors with a higher cost to produce. Hands down, the Eng Pat wins this.

Now, if I were to include the really low-budget, D-list movies with almost no cost, then I could think of some that are worse.

I did get a really good power nap somewhere in the middle :)

Oh, Ralph was good in Schindler's List, thats about it tho.
  19. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Yeah, I didn't have much patience for The English Patient.
  20. honyock

1,212 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Yeah, I don't grade the schlock B movies quite as hard, although that doesn't make them any less terrible. The truth is, I don't see many of them anymore, so the really bad big-budget films are the ones that I remember.

Yes, perfect casting for that role.