1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

WOTS: Lil' Dan covets RGIII....and will sell the farm to get him....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by newlander, Dec 30, 2011.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    So said the announcers on ESPN last night during the Alamo Bowl. I believe it actually. You guys know how he is....he's like a terrier: he sets his mind on something and, well.........usually gets it. Never a dull moment in DC.

BTW:
    ***I won't pretend this doesn't bother me, because RGIII in DC would not be good for us and the rest of the division.......not good at all************
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,542 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Can you blame him. I have to admit he would be a nice pick up for them. He is an intelligent kid from a good family with a world of talent. He is also a marketing dream. I dont see a down side here.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,049 Messages
    4,399 Likes Received
    I like RGIII and hope he does well but if he comes out and the skins take him...I hope they have the same amount of success with the QB as they did with the last QB they coveted and took in the draft. :D
  4. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,927 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Dear RG 3,

You wouldn't want to miss out in your senior season, would you

Best regards,
    windward.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Even if he turned out to not be as good as some think... Just imagine how much better he'd be than Rex Grossman. :(
  6. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,656 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    This is one guy I don't want to be a skin.

Now we can never rule out the ability of them to ruin a pick, and I figure they could do it if they play RG3 too early cause he has alot of developing to do. But I will make no bones about it, I don't want him to be a foreskin at all.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,100 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Figures. Every player I covet ends up in the hands of my enemies. At least Von Miller went to the AFC.
  8. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,478 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    They should trade the farm to get him, the only thing holding them back from being division contenders is poor QB play.
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Do they even have enough draft picks to trade? Snyder loves to trade them away for vets.
  10. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't trip guys, knowing how the 'Skins/Snyder operate, I'm sure Shannahan will bypass on RGIII in favor of signing Matt Hasselback or some middle-aged QB for a 3-year deal.
  11. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    i'll have a chat with Robert, see if i can't get him to make sure his senior year is important to him;)
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    If you actually know him, please do.
  13. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,942 Messages
    448 Likes Received
    The Skins will do whatever they have to to move up to #3 to get him. They are going to have to offer better than what the Browns have which will be tough as they have more ammo in the way of two first round picks.

Washington would have to give up their 2013 first and potentially their 2nd rounder to get him.

They could also move up to #2, but I don't think the Rams will pass on Kalil to protect Bradford to prevent seasons like this one from occurring again.
  14. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,545 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    yeah that's what i'm guessing too, I DO NOT want to face RGIII twice a year for the next decade. Hate playing scrambling QBs. Plus he's a good kid I want to be able to root for, can't do that if he's a skin. I'm okay with Landry Jones going to Wash, he doesn't scare me.
    But I definitely see RGIII being either a Brown or a Skin, hard to think of any other teams that will be drafting that high that will want a QB.
  15. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,869 Messages
    2,646 Likes Received
    I reported that about 6 weeks ago.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,869 Messages
    2,646 Likes Received
    I know Dawgs0916 does know him.