1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

would u still draft felix over CJ now?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by JPTEXAS, Mar 8, 2010.

1. JPTEXAS

JPTEXAS New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just wondering if the haters of CJ2K would take him now knowing what we know now after 2 years. I like Felix when he is not injuried, but i wanted CJ at that number 22 pick. Felix is fast but not CJ fast.

Just wondering everybody opinion on this rainy day.
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i was one of the fans that was drooling for chris johnson big time, but i was happy with felix too, felix has to realize to keep himself in shape, work with a trainer and to play with nicks and bruises

then felix will be fine;
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm in such a "draft mode" I was thinking he was talking about CJ Spiller and trying to figure out why in the hell this question would even be asked.
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,454 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    I think we all would clearly take Johnson over Felix, but at the same time, I'm sure we all are quite pleased to have Felix.
  5. JPTEXAS

JPTEXAS New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yes chris johnson
  6. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Of course not.
  7. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,635 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  8. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To be honest. I wouldn't mind either CJ's over Felix

That being said, I'm glad we have Felix.
  9. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,939 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    You can never tell....sure, we can say that now we might want Johnson...but there were folks lamenting the fact that we took Ware over Merriman just two years ago.

We saw how that panned out.

I'll admit. I thought Johnson would merely be a situational player in the NFL. Right now, he's proved me wrong.

But so much can happen.....as it did with Merriman.

I'm happy we got Felix. There's no wish-we-would'ves with me.
  10. JPTEXAS

JPTEXAS New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I guess the main thing i dont like is Felix is injury prone(so far). CJ has missed 2 quarters(the playoff game) of football in 2 years and has a ton more carries.

i guess it wouldnt matter if we did draft him...our coachs probably wouldnt give him the ball anyway. :bang2:
  11. JPTEXAS

JPTEXAS New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I feel the same way. I was a huge CJ fan but since we didnt Felix is ok...as long as he is on the field and the ball is in his hands.
  12. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    I am so glad you asked me this.
  13. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,439 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Felix is great, but CJ is GREATNESS.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    To me it's not even the choice between the two, it's that so many people were ABSOLUTE SURE that Johnson would be a bust, would be hurt all the time, couldn't run between the tackles, wouldn't be elusive at the next level, etc.

It's one thing to have your doubts about a guy, but some people were Grade-A *******s about the possibility of CJ being a star in the NFL.

A nice cautionary tale from recent history that will go ignored by some, I'm sure. I find it especially funny since CJ has been more durable than Felix thus far.

I like Felix and think he could perform close to CJ if he could stay healthy and got the load of the carries, one of which has no chance of happening and the other remains to be seen.
  15. JPTEXAS

JPTEXAS New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    its not like theres alot to talk about with the cowboys anyway.
  16. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,430 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  17. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,635 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    so let me guess - you really wanted him and now your are back to try and prove that you were right
  18. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,935 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    If we drafted Chris Johnson, he'd probably be averaging 5.6 yards per carry in a part-time role as Marion Barber's backup, and Felix Jones would be averaging 5.9 yards per carry as Tennessee's feature back.

And we'd have threads asking whether we should have drafted Felix Jones instead.
  19. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With 358 carries, Felix could go over 2000 yards too. There's no doubt in my mind.
  20. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,735 Messages
    833 Likes Received
    Chris Johnson has had the opportunity to carry the load for Tennessee he had 358 carries last season. Felix had 685 rushing yards last season off of only 116 carries averaging 5.9 per carry. That averages out to over 2055 yards with the same 358 carries CJ had. I've said all along I think Felix Jones could be doing in Dallas what CJ is doing in Tennessee if he was given the opportunity. I'm certain had the Cowboys drafted CJ he'd have the same exact role Felix has had the past 2 seasons. No way would CJ have rushed for over 2000 yards for the Cowboys with them dead set on pounding Barber. Jerry's more concerned getting his $45 million out of Barber to try and justify his salary than playing his best most explosive back. I have a feeling that's all going to change next season.