1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

would u still draft felix over CJ now?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by JPTEXAS, Mar 8, 2010.

1. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received

yes it does for the entire NFL not just for your own team.

So His strength (speed) said he would be taken in round 2

Its right there in writing and easy to see what he meant
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It's not where you thought he should go.
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    NFL teams don't make draft boards for other teams. They make them for themselves. Using theo's Sam Bradford example. It's why he would still be top 10, if not the top-rated player on their draft board.

And yeah, teams draft players on the 1st day that they are sure to bust all the time.
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,102 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    "Value" and "worth" are defined as what someone is willing to pay. If someone is willing to pay $10 for a pack of cigarettes, then it's worth $10. If someone is willing to pay a 2nd round pick for a player, this he is worth a 2nd round pick. I wouldn't pay $10 for a pack of cigarettes and I wouldn't draft a backup RB with a 2nd round pick. But I thought that someone would.
  5. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,613 Messages
    2,499 Likes Received
    I don't care what he thinks NFL teams will do. He read NFLDraftScout and regurgitated what they had. What is at the heart of the matter is how theo would have graded him.
  6. theogt

44,102 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    And I call you a ******. I don't actually think you're mentally ********. It's hyperbole.
  7. FuzzyLumpkins

16,613 Messages
    2,499 Likes Received
    and that someone is you not other NFL teams. Youre failing at dodging. And this isn't a market. Its the NFL draft.
  8. FuzzyLumpkins

16,613 Messages
    2,499 Likes Received
    No its called you trying to change your tune ex post facto. "Oh, I really didn't mean it." Now in fairness you just drove home drunk from the bar on quite a few of those exchanges.
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    1st you'd have to figure out why a pack of cigarettes is priced at 10 dollars. At that price it would probably be because there are very few companies who make cigarettes, thus increasing the demand for it and the willingness to shell out 10 dollars. I mean if you really want to, you could buy a pack of Marlboro's for 10 dollars when you could just buy a pack of Mavericks for 5.

But why settle for less?
  10. BigDFan5

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Umm all NFL teams rank players where they believe they WILL be picked not based on where THEY would pick them
  11. theogt

44,102 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    Right, a bunch of individual entities vying for goods and services with limited resources to use as consideration is certainly not a market.

Why do I even bother?
  12. BigDFan5

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received

and reading the post Summer was kind enough to post it was obvious that he "graded him" as a second rounder

Sorry fuzz there is no meat in your argument otherwise
  13. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No, they rank players where they feel they are worth. Say Romo misses all of 2009, we end up 1-15 and have the 1st overall pick. Then say Bradford is #1 on our board. Do you think we would ever seriously consider drafting him?
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

16,613 Messages
    2,499 Likes Received
    No they don't and they certainly don't rank a player higher if they have a lower grade. You may lower someones grade if you believe that they will fall but yout you dont rank them higher because you think other teams are stupid.
  15. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    So it's OK to use hyperbole now?:laugh2:
  16. FuzzyLumpkins

16,613 Messages
    2,499 Likes Received
    Why would a team put a player in the second round on their board if they think he has lesser talent? If a team ranks them higher, they call you to try and trade up. You try and trade down because there is noone on your board that you want and not because you have people on there that you think other teams have rated higher.

Thats nonsense.
  17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    But he didn't. I mean back then (when it counted) he didn't.
  18. theogt

44,102 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    Sure, why not. Have a good one, Bob.

BigD, you too.
  19. BigDFan5

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received

That does not fly because you could possibly rank a player you like to high based on biases and end up taking him to early.

You rank them where you think they WILL be taken, thats why you always see trades above a team that was likely to take a player. Think Eagles trading above us for Shawn Andews a few years ago. They did that because their board said it was likely we would draft him they had to get in front of us
  20. BigDFan5

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    read my post to summer