1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

would u still draft felix over CJ now?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by JPTEXAS, Mar 8, 2010.

1. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,603 Messages
    2,484 Likes Received
    You could and that would mean you have a piss poor scouting program but thats not what theo did. He said he wouldn't take him in the first four rounds.

You don't trade in front of teams for players you don't want. Thats called reaching. Its when you reach OUT OF YOUR BOARD RANKING.
  2. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received

Because thats where they feel the player would be taken

We got Scandrick after the draft it was said we had him as a round 2 or 3 on our board, why did we not take him until the 5th? Because he was graded as worth a 5th to US, but was "likely" to be gone in round 2 or 3
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah. They traded up for him because they had him rated there.
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Probably because the players we drafted before him were rated higher.
  5. FuzzyLumpkins

16,603 Messages
    2,484 Likes Received
    Or because they felt they had to reach for a need. That still doesn't change your actual ratings.
  6. BigDFan5

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    From the post you put in this thread from ogt, I deciphered he graded him as a second in the draft he did add the caveat that he personally would not choose him in the first 4 rounds Obviously his grade was wrong on both counts which he has admitted.

It does not change the fact that he said clearly he would be picked in round 2 based on his speed.

We agree on lots of things summer, but I think you are being petty on this one
  7. FuzzyLumpkins

16,603 Messages
    2,484 Likes Received
    No he said other NFL teams would draft him in the first. He didn't say thats where he graded him.
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    you ever stop and realize how anal you got on the way to proving a valid point?
  9. BigDFan5

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received

He said he personally wouldnt take him

He stated that he would be gone by round 2 though

If the Eagles make a board and feel I am going to take player A and they have a high grade on player A they will trade in front of me to get him. That does not mean I had the same grade on Player A I actually had him ranked lower
  10. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,647 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    :squirrel:
  11. BigDFan5

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    and they felt we had him rated there as well, so they traded above us
  12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The caveat was that his 40 time determined where theo placed him. If you read his "scouting report" on Chris Johnson, and the fact that he said he wouldn't take him before the 4th round, it's clear he didn't agree with that "grade". He just resigned himself to the fact that CJ was probably going pretty high.
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

16,603 Messages
    2,484 Likes Received
    But they still had him rated there which is the whole point. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing now.
  14. BigDFan5

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    ummm he doesnt actually draft for a team obviously where he feels he would be drafted by an actual team is the one that matters here not his personal opinion
  15. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    All I see is a round 1 grade here.
  16. BigDFan5

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received

Like I said I only read what you put in this thread from reading only that I made my observation

Ok Gents its been fun but I have to get up in about 6 1/2 hours for work. Until next time :)
  17. FuzzyLumpkins

16,603 Messages
    2,484 Likes Received
    Hes not making a mock draft he was saying what he thinks the Cowboys should do. That was the whole discussion: which RB to take at 21 or whatever our draft slot was that year.
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I have a grip on the matter the draft is over we took Felix what else is there to say? All I see is a bunch of whinny want to be GM sayingn look at me I was right about CJ. In that draft there were many good RB and 23 other teams passed on CJ not just Dallas.

Pitt had the pick right after us and took Mendenhall so does that mean all these other GM suck as well as Jerry?

No one knows for sure what any rookie will do and anyone claiming to know any player is a sure thing does not know what they are talking about the best GM in the business know it is a crap shoot, you do your home work on these guys and you try and make the best selection then hope.

Every single year there are players that many teams pass up that end up being great it is not isolated to Dallas and in the end Dallas still got a very good RB to add to this team