1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Would you draft Cliff Harris

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Jan 13, 2012.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Say hes sitting there in the 3rd round when we pick, do you pull the trigger? His talent is undeniable, but he got kicked off of Oregon. He didnt do anything violent or drug related, but for some reason he shouldnt be allowed near a car. All of his trouble was related to driving without a license/insurance and speeding. Obviously stupid mistakes, but could be worse for a 21 year old college kid. Hire his *** a personal driver and I'd take him in the 3rd no doubt. His talent is worth the risk.
  2. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,720 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    I agree-it does say something about his decision making....but he's not a QB so I'm not as concerned.
  3. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,609 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    Not a chance. The guy is an absolute "me-first" type of person. Not the RKG Garrett is looking for. There are plenty of other good DB's to choose from. Wouldn't be surprised if he were completely off our board.
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,336 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    You are wrong about him not doing something drug related. There is his now infamous quote, "We smoked it all" when the police asked "Who's got the marijuana in the car?".

No, I don't think Dallas should draft him in the 3rd. That is too early to take a risky project such as Harris. I don't think his talent is worth the risk. He can make some big plays, but he also gives away a lot of plays. He is out of position quite a bit and is undisciplined on the field. He is also a poor tackler.
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I think you are right . Give this guy a check to go with an immature attitude and you are asking for trouble .
  6. cbow44

cbow44 Member

594 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I would'nt take a shot before the 5th rd. depending on the back ground check maybe not even then.
  7. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,481 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    3rd round???

This kid could go undrafted.........if so then I'll give him a look
  8. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    i dont waste draft picks on question marks. -- sign him as an undrafted FA if he gets that far.
  9. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I would and I would also draft Janoris Jenkins but it's not up to me and I don't think Garrett would.
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,692 Messages
    1,139 Likes Received
    He's like 60 years old...
  11. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,661 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Yeah,I wouldn't hazard a look at him unless they threw in Charlie Waters,too!
  12. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,663 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Yes, I would. Reward > Risk IMO.

People have said the same about Jimmy Smith (Ravens/Colorado) last year and we didn't hear a peep out of him. Now I'm not sure how well he did in coverage this year but he had 2 INTs and 8 passes defensed.
  13. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Aww, you beat me to it.
    :laugh2:
  14. crazyfool

crazyfool Member

258 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    can someone post his credentials? I didn't fallow college fb last year....
  15. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Considered him in my draft list below, but found better options. As an UDFA, sure.
  16. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,819 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    I'll take almost anybody with a 6th/7th rounder.
  17. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,569 Messages
    433 Likes Received
    I'd rather take a risk/late round gamble on Janzen Jackson. He was an all SEC Safety at Tennessee before getting booted off the team. He spent 2011 at McNeese State playing CB.
    [IMG]
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,692 Messages
    1,139 Likes Received
    Well someone had to say it :laugh2:

It was only a matter of time.