1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Would you have traded our first for Trent Richardson?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Sep 18, 2013.

?

Would you have traded our 2014 1st rounder for Trent Richardson?

Yes 26 vote(s) 13.9%
No 161 vote(s) 86.1%
  1. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,116 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    Terrible trade for the Colts and would have been worse for Dallas. I wouldn't touch a running back in the first rd and how is TRich and improvement on Murray anyhow?
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,673 Messages
    9,901 Likes Received
    Yes. He's an elite young talent. Find a couple more OL in the offseason and you'd have a running game again.
    TheFinisher likes this.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    You have more patience than I do.

I thought about replying to those posts but figured it was a waste of time to explain how a player going from a garbage team to a good team can improve that players production.
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    I'd trade a second and Murray for him. It might close the door on drafting a TE in 2014, but I would find a way to get over it (I kids!)
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,035 Messages
    2,263 Likes Received

You would give up a 1st rounder for Trent Richardson?
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,673 Messages
    9,901 Likes Received
    Yes.
  7. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    No, nein, tsha, Iie, nyet, non, mai, naheen, nei, khong, and any other language I can think of off the top of my head.
  8. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,525 Messages
    1,064 Likes Received
    No. In my opinion, he's always been somewhat of an overrated prospect, and I'd much rather use a first on the lines. We desperately need to find a franchise 3-tech, and trading away a first for a RB isn't going to help that cause.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,035 Messages
    2,263 Likes Received

Wow man I can't believe that. You must be stuck in the 90's or something.

Peterson is the only RB worth a 1st round pick.

Think of all of the NFL's top RB's. How many were 1st rounders?

It's just not a position you need to give up a lot to get a lot.
  10. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,763 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    Think of all the number one picks that amount to nothing. Think of all the number 1 & 2 (sometimes combined) that don't pan out. I like this fit for Richardson and I'm sure hes glad to get out of Cleveland. It will take a few weeks to get up to speed, but if he can stay healthy, no way do they not improve from being on the Browns. Norv Turner must be looking at his play sheet going "I got nuttin".
  11. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,891 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    there are very few gys in the nfl worth trading a 1st rnd pick for. one huge reason is money, you are'nt gonna be paying near the money you would the guy you could draft. but geno is one of those few i would do it for. he is a serious impact player, maybe a guy like watt. certainly not a rb
  12. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Trent is better than Murray but wouldn't trade a pick for a player we won't use correctly
  13. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,171 Messages
    2,344 Likes Received
    This often injured running back is on pace for 840 yards this season.

And running backs are a dime a dozen in a league that no longer values running backs.

The Browns got a steal.
  14. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,171 Messages
    2,344 Likes Received
    LOL, Geno Smith will be out of the league in five years. He's Akili Smith. Too stupid to play QB in the NFL.
  15. Dallyjake

Dallyjake Member

301 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    nope...gotta have an oline that can run block 1st
  16. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,663 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    No shot I woulda traded a first for Trent. I would have traded a 3rd rounder definitely. But nothing higher
  17. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Following this philosophy has left us striking out on RBs for almost a quarter century. We drafted our last good back in 1990, a 1st Round pick.
  18. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,705 Messages
    810 Likes Received
    it is in my opinion that RBs seldom are worthy of a 1st round draft grade in today's pass happy NFL. so no, I would not have given a 1st rd pick for him
  19. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,376 Messages
    828 Likes Received
    He's on a crap team and had broken ribs last year. It's was only 1 year and the Colt's pick is potentially in the 20s. It's not like the Colts were trading a top 3 pick.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,035 Messages
    2,263 Likes Received

That makes no sense. Felix Jones was a 1st rounder. Ray Rice was taken in that same draft in the 2nd round..

MB3 was a monster for a few seasons and better than Richardson has been at any point in his career.

This philosiphy works and is proven in todays NFL.

Spending #1's on a player like David Wilson and Trent Richardson just isn't worth it when you can draft guys like Alfred Morris in the 6th round.