1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Would you have traded our first for Trent Richardson?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Sep 18, 2013.

?

Would you have traded our 2014 1st rounder for Trent Richardson?

Yes 26 vote(s) 13.9%
No 161 vote(s) 86.1%
  1. JerryJonesMustGo

JerryJonesMustGo Active Member

321 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    It has been shown for quite a long time but more dramatically recently that QBs are the main difference between W/L. One pick like Bridgewater could turn them into a PO contender in a couple if years if not next year. Trent, is a top 5 back in 2 years but he isn't that much of a factor as a QB like Bridgewater can be. To top that, RBs have a short career and are over the hill @ 29 and QBs can play well into their 30s and succeed.

You build around the QB and not the RB. The thing is the the Colts have their franchise QB and adding Trent makes them VERY dangerous IMO.
  2. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,945 Messages
    1,379 Likes Received
    As bad as the Browns are, I'd be shocked if they finish worse than Jacksonville and they need a QB too.
  3. JerryJonesMustGo

JerryJonesMustGo Active Member

321 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Hence the 2 1st rounders and benching Weeden and trading Trent. They are all in for Bridgewater. remember that Clowney is coming out too. Even if JAX manages to loss more games than the Browns, trading down one spot and picking up Clowney with a chance to get JM later in the draft isn't such a bad thing.
  4. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Oh you're one of those guys who cares more about what the fanbase says than what kind of a team the organization places out on the field. Typical.
    visionary likes this.
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,101 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    I wouldn't trade a #1 for AP he's in his 7th season he could hit the wall in the next couple of years. RB's have the shortest lifespan of any position. A big part of the problem with the running game is the run blocking.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,116 Messages
    3,140 Likes Received
    I am a big Richardson fan. When he was available in the Draft, yes I would have traded my 2014 first for him.

Now? No, and not because of his production. I think he can be a real battering ram RB, but I have other visions for that pick and RB is not what I envision.
    Texas_Pete likes this.
  7. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,066 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    Look Hos, we don't need another kicker, we have Bailey.
    Texas_Pete likes this.
  8. Hostile

119,116 Messages
    3,140 Likes Received
    I threw up in my mouth just thinking about a kicker in the 1st. There's a DT I like.
    Texas_Pete likes this.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    who is it?
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    Depends on who you are. If I'm the Giants, I think I might do that. They really understand how to use the running game and they are lacking a decent RB right now. If they could get that solved, they could have a chance to take the NFCE in hand and win it. Eli is struggling, trying to do too much right now. A dependable back like Richardson could really help that team.

Same with SF. They are getting old in the tooth with Gore and they depend heavily on that power running game. For either of those clubs, I think it would be worth it.

For a team like us, I would love to have him and if we didn't have Murray, I would do it. However, I think Murray is a decent back and we have other needs at this point. I probably wouldn't do it for us.
  11. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

1,207 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Look - a Hos sighting! Post more or else. :D
  12. Hostile

119,116 Messages
    3,140 Likes Received
    I almost hate to admit it. Will Sutton from Arizona State. I like his motor.
  13. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

722 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    No, running backs a dime a dozen, you can get good ones pretty much anytime in the draft, or as UDFAs unless your getting Adrian Peterson I wouldn't draft one in the first round or trade a first round pick for one. Maybe a second, maybe if the guy is special otherwise 3rd round or later.
  14. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,672 Messages
    1,014 Likes Received
    Nah screw that....not on a RB

Give Romo another weapon, or add an Elite DB or DE.
  15. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,600 Messages
    2,161 Likes Received
    No doubt, but if there was a gun held to my head....AP is the only one I would trade for.
  16. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,101 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    AP is a great runner but at 28 with 7 years in the league and 1798 attempts on his odometer if I had a gun to my head forcing me to trade a #1 for a current RB I think I would tell them to go ahead and pull the trigger.
  17. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,976 Messages
    472 Likes Received

We could have drafted this guy late. Man the Cardinals had a gem of a draft.
  18. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,454 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Well, I'm not sure how you figure that since they gave up a very high first round pick to get him. Top 5 if I remember correctly. So they traded away a top 5 pick for a pick that will probably be
    It may have been worth it for the Colts. Probably a good trade for the Colts. With that being said, I don't think I would have given up a 1st round pick for him, since we already have a pretty decent group of backs.
  19. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,454 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    At the expense of drafting an offensive lineman in the first? After all of the beating of the drum you have done for us to draft a lineman? Seriously? That is quite a surprise.
  20. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,633 Messages
    932 Likes Received
    If we don't take a S, OL,or DT, with our first pick WE ARE STUPID!!!!