1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Would you pay 350k to kill a Black Rhino?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by dexternjack, Jan 12, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,859 Messages
    4,426 Likes Received
    Every little bit of money is useful. The government covers most of the expense but outside monies are needed. It's not just the life of the rhinos at stake but also the guards who risk their lives and at times loose them.
  2. barney

barney Active Member

258 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    whoever pays that money is a nutter but I think its for a good cause
    Ntegrase96 and jobberone like this.
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,476 Messages
    2,068 Likes Received
    That is a one-sided article covering up nothing more than a trophy hunt covered up to look like something noble. Maybe I don't know what I am talking about but it smells.....................

IF all of the money went directly to those who need it in order to help their cause, then I would be fine with it. However, I don't think it will be that simple in this case. Why not just have someone(the bidder) donate that money instead of actually killing it? Because it is his trophy, he can now say he killed a black rhino.

There are already a few sanctuaries that said they will accept the rhino to live out his life but the Dallas Safari Club wants another prize IMO.

How much of that money will actually go to this cause? Once it goes through all of the channels, peoples(charity and African officials) pockets, etc...I bet there won't be too much left.

Like I said, if all of the 350k went to the guards and conservation society, then this would be fine but I suspect it won't and they are just throwing a penny at a glass window to appear to fix the problem.
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    And, I got paid by the Army to kill as many as I could. And it sure as hell was not 350K.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,015 Likes Received
    Take a seat there in the masses. I've a feeling there are a great many among us who are saying the same thing to themselves.

~shakes head~
  6. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Why you mad? lol
  7. ABQCOWBOY

35,176 Messages
    2,015 Likes Received
    LOL.....

No reason.
  8. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Then stop shaking you damn head!

(please send me a chile cheese dog from the Doghouse....100 dollars for you if you do).
  9. ABQCOWBOY

35,176 Messages
    2,015 Likes Received
    ~Shakes Head~
  10. 5Stars

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Bro...you are really going to bruise that little brain of yours if you keep rattling it all around that big head of yours!

(ok, then how about a Lota Burger? Come on, my brother, help me here)!
  11. ABQCOWBOY

35,176 Messages
    2,015 Likes Received
    The solution here is simple. Move back and you can have all of these things any day of the week.

Lobos and UNLV tonight. Gotta get ready for the game.

(-;
  12. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,037 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    My brother is a guide in West Texas. Yankees from up north pay $5000 for a 2 day hunt to shoot a buck that's been kept in a pen the majority of the year. Once deer season starts, they let the deer out so that they can get use to a feeder going off every morning and evening at the same time. The yankees sit in a heated deer blind and when the deer come out on queue with the feeder going off, they make the 25 yrd shot then go home and tell everyone how they "hunted" this big deer down in Texas. It's a joke these people call themselves hunters.
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,232 Messages
    4,556 Likes Received
    I can shoot a deer from my porch. My neighbor just shot one two weeks ago and was leaning against my front yard fence while he was waiting. I will also say that I have lived in Texas and Louisiana and have seen bigger deer here in WV, Ohio, PA and the rural areas of New York and New Jersey. Not sure why Yankees would waste time and money hunting deer in Texas when the can get better deer and closer. But some fools love to waste money or maybe they are afraid to get lost in the woods by themselves lol.
    BigStar likes this.
  14. HeavyBarrel

HeavyBarrel Well-Known Member

1,432 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    Yea, gotta be some kind of mystique around shooting a "Texas" deer because our deer (i'm a native Texan) don't compare to northern deer, especially body size.
  15. AmberBeer

3,037 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    These deer are raised in pens and fed high protein food year around. You haven't seen these deer. These are huge.
  16. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,071 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Southerners are tough and northerners are weak blah blah deer blah
  17. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,311 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    I would kill people that kill Black Rhino's for free.
  18. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,429 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Just the fact that animals like these are illegally slaughtered for huge black-market $$$, solely to harvest one-tenth of their whole, because some ancient culture's beliefs concerning ridiculous medicinal properties, is what should be what gets people worked up, as opposed to the other issue.
  19. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,476 Messages
    2,068 Likes Received
    Believe me, that is much worse. If I had any political power, Seal Team Six and others would be patrolling there 24/7 until the problem was eradicated! :D
  20. AmberBeer

3,037 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    You said it. I didn't.