1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Would you release Tony Romo if Joe Flacco doesn't resign with B-More?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bowdown27, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,528 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Joe flacco doesn't resign with the ravens. Would you throw 20 million a year at him ???

I'm a romo fan and want him here. But I wanted to see others opinions if by some miracle flacco left the ravens
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,568 Messages
    4,139 Likes Received
    Why would the Ravens let him go? They can just Franchise him.

He would not have made it through the 2012 season playing behind the Cowboys OLine.
  3. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I think Romo is better than Flacco.

...so no...
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,856 Messages
    2,100 Likes Received
    NO.

I like him I like his OL even better.
  5. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,528 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I'm saying hypothetically if they didn't. If tony had a running back like ray rice with a defense like the ravens and an oline like theirs we'd have a Super Bowl too
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    He is younger. Has performed well in playoff games but has NOT performed anywhere near Romo's level in the regular season. And as we all know it does not matter how good your are in the playoffs if you cannot get there.

And Flacco is nowhere near as able to dodge the rush as Romo is. With our current line he would be a fool to come here.
  7. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    What kind of idiot would RELEASE Romo? :confused:
  8. Jerryrage

Jerryrage Active Member

385 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Joe Flacco has proven he can handle the mental pressure in big games. Romo not so much, however at this point with the current offense. Romo is better for the Cowboys.
  9. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,085 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    The answer is no.

I give props to Flacco for his playoff accomplishments this season and his SB victory. MVP honor, I could debate. But like others have said, he wouldn't have made it alive out of here with our offensive line.

I think Baltimore has no other viable options for QB's and they are going to drop a lot of money on him that he does not deserve getting. Resigning him could really impact the future of the organization since they have so many players that they need to sign.
  10. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    I won't get into who's better but the bottom line is, if Romo produced at the level of an average Flacco game, the Cowboys would get blown out of almost every single game. Flacco is very good but he has a fantastic D, an oline and a running game that doesn't suck.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,506 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,856 Messages
    2,100 Likes Received
    part of handling the pressure is guys up front handling the pressure. If you let guys coming rushing up the gut and off the edges not even Brady will stand up to the heat.

It is easy to claim Romo can't do it well damn it give him a OL he can work behind. Montana was a great QB but when he faced the pressure of the 85 Bears he got his butt kicked. Dallas OL has made many defensive fronts look like the 85 Bears and no QB is going to hold up over that kind of pressure

It is not a fricken 1 man game you people do not get this. It is like this sails right over your head.
  13. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Flacco will resign in Baltimore. But he's a horrible fit for Dallas because he isn't a very good regular season QB which would make Dallas's situation even worse. We probably aren't any more than a 3 or 4 win team without Romo like it or not. If Flacco ever plays the regular season like he has the last few playoffs then he's an MVP candidate.
  14. Jerryrage

Jerryrage Active Member

385 Messages
    176 Likes Received

So what you're saying is Romo has no time to throw the football ever? I've seen him with time make some pretty stupid mistakes in almost every big game. So with that said, Romo has to learn to play better when it matters.
  15. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

904 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I like Flacco, but my response is....

[IMG]
  16. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,850 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    The bird is much younger so I would desperately try to get him.
  17. panchucko

panchucko I'm too excited to sleep.. Zone Supporter

1,955 Messages
    152 Likes Received
    Nope, I just got a Romo jersey so he needs to stay. I think Romo is better than Flaco anyways.
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,334 Messages
    3,635 Likes Received
    That wouldn't come close to fixing the top issues on our roster.
  19. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,652 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    This is the key statement. 'At this point'. The Cowboys offensive line isn't impossible to rebuild and give a QB adequate protection.

Would your mind change if it were 2 years later and we had a comparable offensive line to Bal?
  20. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,166 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    I want to WIN with Romo.....he deserves something good to happen with this team for ALL of the B.S. he has taken from Fans, media, players, ex_players etc......:bang2: