1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Would you release Tony Romo if Joe Flacco doesn't resign with B-More?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bowdown27, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,020 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    That's a pretty long laundry list to have to have in order to a win a SB.

Romo still needs to start by winning more than one playoff game against a has-been QB from the Iggles.

OMG. Re-read your post, fella.

:madden: RedBaLL ExPreSS:madden:
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,891 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    No.. We are a losing franchise, and we like people over winning. Why pick up a clutch, Super Bowl winning, Super Bowl MVP player when we can keep our regular season hero/choke-artist? Makes no sense.
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,817 Messages
    701 Likes Received
    No. I wouldn't.
  4. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Playing along, what makes you think we shouldn't try to trade Romo instead of just dumping him? Think we could get something good.
  5. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

602 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    In an attempt to get things moving in the right direction I would release Romo for a box of six Hooter's wings from Texas.
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,304 Messages
    2,035 Likes Received
    A. The Ravens are going to franchise Flacco if they cant work a deal out.

B. Flacco would not last 4 games behind this oline without major injury.

Now if I can have Flacco AND his offensive line for $20 mill a year, then I drive Romo to the airport myself.
  7. Beast_from_East

14,304 Messages
    2,035 Likes Received
    And that clutch, SB winning, MVP player is standing in the loser's circle if his defense doesnt have a goal line defensive stand to save the game.

When was the last time our defense had a goal line stand to save a game? Considering we just fired our DC I would say the answer is a very long time.
  8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,514 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    You don't release Romo THEN go after Eli, Flacco or any other QB. You don't leave yourself without a quality starting QB until you have another one secured. This what if talk is great banter but Flacco and Eli aren't going anywhere and neither is Romo. I've said repeatedly the Cowboys need to draft or trade for a young QB that has starting potential down the road.
  9. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,891 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    I'll say it again, they gave up 31 points to San Fran, and San Fran's defense gave up 34. What defense? Here are the facts. The fact is, Baltimore's defense gave up 31 & 35 points in the playoffs.
    Gave up 29 or more points 4 times during the season, we gave up 29 or more 6, with a ton of injures. Don't blame the defense, blame our low-life quarterback.
  10. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

289 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I, just like all of you, would also take romo over flacco just because i love when romo wins the crucial games for us year after year! Who cares about flacco! All he did was perform very well this past post season and win a superbowl! We don't want any of that now do we? We're better off with our elite clutch time performer qb in romo!
  11. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,804 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    That's one reason I hate to get into the what-ifs. It just generally stirs people up to argue without having any true benefit.

The other reason is we really don't know what any other quarterback would do with this system, with this line, with this running game, etc. How would they adjust? How would the team adjust to their style of play?

People have argued about Aikman being a system quarterback, succeeding because of the game plan Dallas used instead of his skills. But every quarterback who has Super Bowl success is a system quarterback, until they prove they can do it in another system.

I am in the camp that no quarterback could get Dallas in the Super Bowl right now because there are too many glitches in the system. But I acknowledge that I could be wrong.
  12. Rudy

Rudy Member

696 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Even if it were realistic, I don't think any free agent quarterback is ever going to have Dallas a first stop on his list. Even if it was a born and bred Dallas native, I think agents would hate the move. Players don't want to come to Dallas anymore because now thanks to the 24/7 media age we live in and the magnitude of exposure that even backups get. Drafting is our only hope...if anything because championship capable quarterbacks don't hit free agency every decade.
  13. randy932

randy932 Member

526 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Juist as fast as I could get the contract typed up.
  14. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

1,946 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    No OL, not elite. Very good OL, elite.
  15. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

965 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Would some body turn the light on so all the cockroaches will go back under the fridge?
  16. Beast_from_East

14,304 Messages
    2,035 Likes Received
    I guess you missed the part of the game where the Niners had 1st and goal at the 6 yard line with 4 shots to win the game and got shut out. Pretty sure if that was us, we let them walk in on either 1st or 2nd down.

Besides, wasnt it our DC that got fired? If you are saying it was not the fault of the defense then Ryan got scapegoated so Garrett could save face.

So which is it? Did our DC deserve to get fired or was he scapegoated for Garrett?
  17. Beast_from_East

14,304 Messages
    2,035 Likes Received
    I think if you would have bothered to read the entire thread before bashing Romo, you would have seen that most posters said that they would take Flacco if we had the Ravens offensive line.

With our offensive line, Flacco would last maybe 4 games, if that.
  18. Beast_from_East

14,304 Messages
    2,035 Likes Received
    It is week 5, Flacco is out the season playing behind this o-line, so who is our QB for the rest of the year?

Orton?

:laugh1:

Hello top 5 pick.
  19. UKCowboysFan

UKCowboysFan Member

431 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    No, because playing behind the O-Line that the Cowboys have he wouldn't even be an upgrade.

Now if we could take the Baltimore O-Line & keep Romo that would be a trade worth making.
  20. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

289 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I did read the entire post. I do think romo is a good qb, i just don't think he performs well under pressure and makes too many bone headed decisions which is why id rather have flacco. Man the dude has an arm. Oline? Ours isnt good but the excuse is getting old!