1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Would you trade for Det Roy Williams?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by tommyboy10, Mar 3, 2008.

1. tommyboy10

tommyboy10 New Member

210 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Give up #28 for Roy Williams, the WR, not the old, slow one we already have?
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,003 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    Yes ...
  3. cowboyfan4life_mark

cowboyfan4life_mark 5 outta 8 ain't bad

2,931 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    You bet!! Who do we call??
  4. tommyboy10

tommyboy10 New Member

210 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seems like they might do it. Doesn't he go FA next year? Be more value now than after they let him walk, wouldn't it?
  5. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Yes. Next question.
  6. The Panch

The Panch New Member

4,184 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's a no brainer. He's not in that "elite" receiver class, but he's definitely done a lot with an average cast in Detroit and imagining him with the O-line, QB and T.O. we have would give us one of the best 1-2 punches in the league, if not the best(pending on Indy).
  7. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I would be OK w/that trade.
  8. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,347 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    We can get him for no draft picks next offseason and he wants $8 mil a year..

No.
  9. The Panch

The Panch New Member

4,184 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The question is.... Can we wait a year? We're not Indy or New England where we're known for staying consistent year after year by making great drafts. We're hot right now and there's go guarantee we wont go back to being an average team again in a matter of time. We havent shown to be a consistent franchise yet. Granted Romo will still be here, but to have Owens still in his prime with a young receiver who's made a name for himself would be great.
  10. tommyboy10

tommyboy10 New Member

210 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was wondering how many thoughts like that were out there. I hadn't heard his salary demands yet.

So who else that we actually could get would you trade that #28 or our second rounder for?
  11. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,422 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received

Uh..yeah? :confused:

Next question!!!!

:eek:
  12. Spectre

Spectre Well-Known Member

2,149 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Without a doubt.
    No question.
    Would be the best Cowboys move since adding cheerleaders.

He is far better than ANY of the WRs available in this year's draft and has proven it at the pro level for one of the worst teams in the league.
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

16,347 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    Sure we can. If Romo's thumb is healed and TO comes back we had one of the most prolific passing attacks in NFL history and we would have so again.

Id rather take Caldwell, Sweed, Doucet or Henry and save 7 mil a year and if they dont pan out get RW for no draft picks the next year.
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

16,347 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    Nothing I'd draft Sweed, Doucet, Talib, Cason, Henry, Rice, Johnson, Forte and guys like that.
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,008 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received
    The Lions have made it clear they don't plan to move Roy, that they want to see what Calvin and Roy can do on the same field.

So the point is moot.
  16. DR.WARE

DR.WARE Member

603 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    yes no questions asked
  17. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know that I would make that trade.

He has been listed in the injury report multiple times for knee, ankle, quadricep, shoulder/neck, back and hamstring. Granted he didn't miss time with all of them, but the fact that his name would show up so often is a red flag.

He is going to want to be payed very well when his new contract is due and like Fuzzy said, why spend a pick on someone that will probably hit the market next year anyway?

I can't help but feel I would rather gamble on Javon Walker (who shows up on injury reports just as much) because the the market appears to be pushing his value down. We could always spend a pick on a rookie WR to hedge our bets and all told still come in under the salary it would take to sign Roy.
  18. tommyboy10

tommyboy10 New Member

210 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nah, you dreamkiller....anything is possible. Probable, no, but still possible.
  19. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,422 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received

Are you freaking ghey! :laugh2:

(stupid cowboy fan)
  20. tommyboy10

tommyboy10 New Member

210 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm a little scared of Sweed. Great receiver, yes, but hurt ALOT.