1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Would You Trade Romo For The Following?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,089 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    a #1 and a #3.. With these picks select a Starting Center and a Starting Right Tackle.. With Our Picks a Starting Safety and Defensive Tackle.. Start Orton and With the money saved Pick up Matt Moore Backup QB.. Cliff Avril DE, Ricky Jean-Francois DT, Branden Albert Offensive Tackle.. I know this aint Madden.. And Romo ain't going no where.. But will something like this improve the team long term..
  2. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,506 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    No. That's an absurd scenario that would set back this organization a decade. Also, there's no guarantee that we'd draft a starter quality player at any position in the draft, so making that assumption is silly, especially with regard to your conclusion that we'd certainly find two starter quality players in the third round.
  3. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,432 Messages
    921 Likes Received
    In a hypothetical scenario like this (ignoring salary cap etc) I wouldn't trade Romo unless I was truly blowing the team up, which would mean moving studs like Witten and Ware as well. Dropping Romo alone does not make this team better in the short term or the long term.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,953 Messages
    4,302 Likes Received
    Please...Please...Please stop with these would you trade Romo for (insert picks or players) threads.

:mad:
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,331 Messages
    4,471 Likes Received
    :bang2:
  6. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,675 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Omg!!! No!
  7. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

969 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    IF that did happen, I can see how the Cowboys will struggle short term and then possibly be dominant like they did after the Walker trade.

The problems I see is the coaching, GM and the gamble that the players from those picks being studs.
  8. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,146 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I could've sworn I saw a thread like this before.
  9. TheRomoSexual

2,506 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    Yes, because when I think of dominance, I think of Kyle Orton.
  10. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

no
  11. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,055 Messages
    1,351 Likes Received
    Only if if we draft a QB and start him. I'm sorry, if the franchise QB is gone and orton is starting, I doubt I'd even watch this season.
  12. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

969 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Dominance will not include Orton, but Orton will be a part of the struggling Cowboys. With the picks and saved money, they will get their qb of the future in the draft or in FA.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    You can never assume a 3rd round pick will be a starter. Never.

It's fair to expect 1st rounder to eventually start though.

It doesn't bother me I you, or anyone else, poses questions regarding trading Romo or any other player on a our team. At some point, there is a price for everyone.
    If this was for last year and you have come up with a resonable scenario to part with Romo and somehow grab Luck...I'd say go for it.
    This scenario still leaves us in limbo at QB, so it's a bit tougher.

It's an open forum.
  14. TheRomoSexual

2,506 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    Um, when was the last time a "qb of the future" hit the market? It doesn't happen. Also, assuming we hit on every player (doubtful), we will also likely be mediocre and will never be in a position to draft a franchise qb. And this trade is nothing line the Walker trade bc (1) we got a lot more value in the Walker trade, and (2) we already had our young QB of the future.
  15. TheRomoSexual

2,506 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    It's fair to expect a first rounder to start, but it's not fair to assume that he will be a starter quality player.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,302 Messages
    3,032 Likes Received
    No. Make it this years 1st and next years 1st then I would be willing to talk. I know some will say that is too high of a price but then why would I get rid of something I like without asking for the moon to trade him.

Walker sure as hell was not worth all the picks Minn was willing to give up to get him so if I'm going to trade my franchise QB I want major compensation for it if not then I gladly keep him
  17. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

969 Messages
    31 Likes Received

A QB of the future hitting the market don't happen at all but to the Cowboys they can pick a qb who THEY think will be one for their team.

I stated that relying on the draft will be a gamble because you need studs to fill your holes like after the Walker trade. Yes the Walker trade received more value and I didn't say that the value is similar. I thought that the concept is the same. Trade best player to fill needs for long term success.
  18. L-O-Jete

L-O-Jete Member

894 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I would trade Romo, but I would get a first next year. I don't like the QB's coming out this year. And that first I would keep trading for a first next year and something else until I see/get the QB I like.
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    You may want to say which team will be providing these picks. First rounders from New England are almost like getting a second rounder, while 1st rounders from Jacksonville can have some real value.
  20. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    NO......and you sig is freakin me out......