1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Wow, just watched RG3 highlights vs. Giants....

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by newlander, Oct 21, 2012.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,827 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    True, when players execute!

Not so true with Rex . . . . . . . . . . . :lmao2:
  2. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Yeah, it's weird.

If Romo had those stats he'd be crucified for the loss by some of the fans here. I don't get it.
  3. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

895 Messages
    516 Likes Received

HAHA you beat me to it. Unbelievable. Our own team wins and we see threads about how we suck so bad and in addition now we have this.
  4. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,469 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    He's gonna be a good player. He's still a rookie so he's gonna make mistakes. However, he's a threat to make a big play on any given down and our defense tends to lose focus at times and give up a big play. We have to take advantage of his inexperience and force him to make errors instead of making him look like an All-Pro and pick up big play after big play. We have two shots against them this year so let's see how it goes.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,415 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    Great stuff. [/sarcasm]

I guess I was wrong to say we sound like a Giants forum. They won and the losing QB gets praised.

Hail.
  6. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    You do realize this is a Cowboys forum, right?:skins:
  7. Skinsradiosucks

Skinsradiosucks Member

219 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This post makes me sick. How can you say he is good or bad at this point?
    What we know so far:
    They play him in one of the most protective, dink and dunk schemes Ive seen in a very long time.
    He runs even when he has WRs running open downfield.
    he gets yards on the ground, but at what cost? Could he have thrown a pass for 20+yards instead of running for 10 and taking a hit?
    Defensive coordinators get paid for a reason. Vick looked good first half of the year when he got to PHI, Newton in CAR. Second half of the season, why they take away plan A, you see what their plan B looks like then.
    Since the "positives" have already been listed, I thought Id hash out why I havent damned or praised him yet.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,827 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    I needed a good laugh and this thread provided it.

My stomach hurts from laughing.

Thanks for the great responses!
  9. rdskn4eva

rdskn4eva Member

90 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The funny thing is, RG3 won the game for them with that cluth TD pass. Cant blame him for the worst secondary in the NFL.
  10. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,273 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Lol...at least the skins have 'real football guys' in control. Lol, year 3 and what do they have to show? Someone please remind me.
  11. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually, no... on a 4th and 10 he did a Romo like reincarnation of the Rams play gaining a first down. He led the team with a TD to take the lead with 1:30 left. The Giants scored on a perfect strike to Cruz in double coverage and RG3 brought them back to mid-field on a pass to Santana Moss, only to have Moss fumble the game away, i.e. they were moving the ball.

Every mistake RG3 made, he compensated for, meaning he overcame them. And the secondary is what killed the Redskins, just like it's been doing all year. It ain't their offense, which is actually scoring TDs with a crappy OL.

To act like RG3 lost the game for them is absurd and to act like the Giants whooped their butts is also absurd. I hate the Redskins more than anyone, but the guy can play so far...

And one more thing... The Redskins team actually looks like it's making improvements finally and their offense is clicking, with a new QB. We, on the other hand, are stuck in doo-doo land despite having what could potentially be a HoF QB in Romo, provided JG was not coaching. They are showing strides in what they are doing offensively i,e, they actually look like they have a semblance of an identity now on offense. I wish we could say the same thing with JG coaching this team at minimum on offense.

If Dallas doesn't shape up, they'll get humiliated by the Skins and it'll hurt.
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,839 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    RG3 looks like the real deal IMO.
  13. rdskn4eva

rdskn4eva Member

90 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    No comparison. Romo has been in the league since 2003. He should get crucified if he does turns the ball over. RG3 is a rookie.
  14. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

........VERY good post. The problem with alot of these guys on this site is they are so thin skinned and butt hurt over the Cowboys slow descent into crappiness they think that complimenting a talent like this kid is somehow wrong: that's just ignorant.

Heck yes Shanahan knows how to use him it's pretty obvious. Losing Davis will hurt though. They are probably a .500 team like Dallas is. However, they don't have near as many KEY guys on the wrong side of 30 as Dallas does either. Therein lies the rub.....:rolleyes:
  15. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    How did he potentially cost his team the game by throwing the touchdown pass that gave them the lead with a minute left in the game? Oh, was he playing safety when Cruz burned our secondary 20 seconds later? :rolleyes:
  16. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,240 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I still have the Redskins at 6-10 (as I said to start the season)

Too many issues with the secondary, its atrocious, and Griffin is going to make mistakes like he did today (the INT and fumble) but then again Eli made some TERRIBLE throws which led to 2 INTs.

I think the overall point is a) this kid is living up the hype and b) has some incredible skills and a great mental game to boot.

As for "when coaches have film" there are now 7 weeks of film, which is plenty to start to pick up tendancies. The thing with a QB like Griffin is he can take a totally busted play and quickly get 5-7 yards out of it. Thats what makes QBs like him special.

Once he gets more experience the sky really is the limit
  17. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That excuse doesn't work for Romo....why should it work for RGIII?
  18. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,240 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Because the Cowboys have "talent"

And Romo isn't playing his 7th NFL game
  19. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    That isn't an excuse, that's reality. I'm sorry if the people who've blamed Romo for failings of the defense have convinced you otherwise.
  20. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We do? According to whom?

...we certainly haven't had it throughout Romo's tenure here.

...and Romo has been saddled with a crap 4th quarter defense for his entire career.

There really is no difference.

Fwiw, I agree. Those losses that Romo had were unfair to place on his shoulders...as is this one on RGIII...but they were factors nonetheless.