1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Wow.

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by vta, Aug 29, 2008.

1. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I've been a member of this board for some time now and I haven't seen so much buzz in the political section, like I see today.

The Palin VP nod sure has a lot of people talking. Good or bad, at least in here, this pick is having one heck of an effect.

I can't keep up with the threads. :)
  2. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is the most excited I've seen the Republican party since Reagan. No exaggeration. Possible exception of 1994, I suppose.

Twenty years of Doles and Bushes and McCains have had us in a funk.

There's still a lot to be seen with Palin, but for the first time in a long time, hope is there.
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,854 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    The fact that a Conservative that shares my values is finally running for office again after a span of almost 20 years is very exciting.

This is "Change" for the better.
  4. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    It certainly is energizing the base.

I'm sure the day's to come are going to get vicious, but the effect is apparent: Biden, a nominee some in his own party do not even like. Palin, a fresh face, and believe it or not, from out of left field for a lot people who haven't even heard of her.

Who'd have thought the old codger had it in him?
  5. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I have to admit that I have not been this excited about Republican politics in a very very long time. Sara brings a real breath of fresh air to all political conversations ive been involved with all day. People are truly excited. The red is feeling a huge surge in energy from this. They see the future.

I heard from friends of mine today that ive not spoken to in years. They live out of state. I heard from relative out of state calling to ask about her. Very fun.

I am totally exhausted...
  6. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I echo the sentiments. I haven't been this excited about a Republican politician in a long time. She definitely brings hope to the Obama supporters.
  7. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's an important thing too, that's exactly what garnered so much support for Obama initially. I've heard some people, including Mike Huckabee, call the selection of Palin brilliant and I agree 100%.
  8. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This from Ferraro today..

"It’s going to be a very interesting campaign. I must say that several months ago I said that it would be great if there was a woman on the ticket — that I felt that John McCain would have to pick someone, especially if Hillary was the nominee. But without Hillary being the nominee it’s really quite equally as important because people are looking for a smart campaign and I think this might do it.
    There are a lot of women who are disaffected by how Hillary was treated by the media, by how she was treated by the Obama campaign, by how she was treated by the Democratic National Committee — [Democratic party chairman] Howard Dean not speaking up when sexism raised its ugly head in the media. They’ll be looking to see what happens now."
  9. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Change for the better"

There's a campaign slogan for the McCain camp, you should be in politics zrin!
  10. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

You coming in here just to take a stab and some folks having a civil conversation, says it all really.
  11. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Get ready for a sequel if we lose to Cleveland.
  12. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

[IMG]

Who loves ya baby....
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,854 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    :laugh2: I do not know if thats a complement or not ..... but thank you.
  14. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    His specialty, and all the subtlety of taking a dump in someone's living room.
  15. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,503 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    Yeah, pretty amazing. I would have preferred Powell, but I've said all along I was going to vote for either Richardson or McCain and that it was purely regional. Powell would have made me truly excited. I wish he'd take another Cabinet post, but doubt he will.
  16. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know if the liberals can fully comprehend what this pick has done.

Conservatives may have held their noses and voted for McCain, but for the most part they were sitting this election out when it came to money and activism.

Now, in one fell swoop, they are energized and into this election 100%.

The Palin/McCain campaign is about to get an infusion of money and energy and activism unlike any they've seen yet this election cycle.

I'm going to bring back a pile of yard signs and bumper stickers from Minneapolis. I've already volunteered to be a precinct captain, and I'm considering maxing out to the campaign. That's all less than 12 hours after her speech. And I guarantee you I'm not alone.
  17. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    She helped you overcome your hatred for Biden? :laugh2:
  18. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Active Member

1,538 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    There's always a high after a VP selection, but conventional wisdom holds that traditionally, the choice of a running mate doesn't really help a candidate in any substantive way beyond a polls bump for a couple days -- though it can certainly hurt. The Palin choice, while exciting, is a two-edged sword and a high risk, high reward gamble. It's the equivalent of drafting Willis McGahee in the first round.
  19. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Dallas, I don't mean to exhaust you more, but I notice that you refer to Mrs. Palin as "Sara" without the "h." What is her proper name? And if it is Sarah, why do you drop the last letter?

:):confused:
  20. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    the pick is genious.